Weird delays and disconnections

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mushaelf.7358

mushaelf.7358

Couldn’t find anything in the forum, so making new topic.
For the past few days, I had 2 problems, which are kinda linked to each other.
1. When playing, a lot of times, suddenly a burst of delays in actions start. This means I when I use skills or interact with something, it takes a few minutes or seconds for it to be preformed, or it’s not preformed at all. People told me that when i have these delays, they see me running into walls or not moving at all.
2. I disconnect to my character screen really often. Way too often. And it’s always after I had the annoying delays wherein i couldn’t preform and skills or interactions.
Both of these happen way too often and it’s very frustrating because there’s nothing I can do about it, and my internet connection is perfectly fine, so it can’t be related. Also the browser I use responds fast and quickly and doesn’t have any problems at all.
And to confirm it’s not my internet, the game works perfectly and fine without and delays and disconnections on my sister’s computer.
So yea, did anyone have this, and does anything know how to fix it and why does it happen?
And if this would be any help, this started occurring after one night when I was in WvW in some massive battles, and then it started happening a lot.

Oh and BTW sometimes after I disconnect to my character screen, the game crashes too, but that’s only about 10% of the time. And also when GW2 is just open and I don’t use it, the game never disconnects or gets delays, which is kinda weird.

Thanks again, hopefully someone can help me

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Not really a helpful post but I’ve been experiencing this too… Everything else works except my abilities and any interacting with anything. Doing story now and the npc doesn’t even follow me or abilities work while this “problem” occurs.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve been having the same problem, and again it also started after going into a large battle in WvW.

My speeds and ping are lower than normal, so I know it’s not me. Must be some issues with either the servers on ANet’s end, or it’s caused by some client fluke. I’d much prefer it be the former >.>

Posted by: Peclipse.6197

Peclipse.6197

I’ve been having those kind of lag (followed by DC) issues scince, idk, a week or two now? It’s not related to dragon events or big wvwvw zergs (at least not in my case), it’s not a fps drop, just old school lag. It started after a mini patch, if i remember correctly. The worst thing about it is that I’m afraid to go in a dungeon these days because there’s a very big chance i’ll dc about 5 times and lagski my way through it, wasting everyone elses time. I highly doubt that all of the suddon my isp has decided to screw me over and scince it started fairly recently I guess the problem must be somewhere on Anet’s side; though I’m by no means an epert in connectivity issues so I could of course be wrong. Would like to know for sure though… At least if I knew for sure I could find some kind of solution or just spare myself the disappointment of logging in to the lagfest all together.

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

I have had issues on some hot keys with a 1/4 sec delay also. STarted today (at least for me. did not play must day before)

Really notice it on my F1 steal, and on randomly on other 1-5 keys. Everything else is smooth, but there is a very noticeable lag on just those hot keys. Meaning, my auto still fires, heals go fine etc. but just the f1 (all the time) and 1-5 at various moments.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Well, there’s only about a thousand things that can go wrong in Windows networking…

One thing to try is to disable ALL checksum offloading features on your network card.

1. Go to Device Manager and right-click your network adapter.
2. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Disable each instance of “Large Send Offload” and any “…Checksum Offload” you see and click OK. Your network will drop for a few seconds then reconnect itself.

Another way to do this:

http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/slow-network-copy-and-connection-drops-in-windows-7/

If you want to reverse the website step above, use this command (in a Command Prompt [cmd]):

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=enabled

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

This has been happening to me and some of my guildies the past few days too. It’s made GW2 unplayable.

Posted by: mushaelf.7358

mushaelf.7358

Come on developers, help us! And the solution posted earlier didn’t help at all and didn’t work.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

You can try and repair Winsock. Here’s a program that works very well for that (yes, I have tested it – it works and is safe):

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Rizone-Winsock-Repair_program_56451.html

Make sure to use the “FreewareFiles Mirror” as the first mirror is dead.