What is happening?

What is happening?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Got huge lag spike , thought it was my internet connection but it seems fine when I tried other game in same time, then reseted my router and everything else is fine again and now I cannot even log in.

What is happenning to gw2??!

Attachments:

What is happening?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

There are a number of things that could be going on. You can check to see if it’s your internet connection or if it’s the GW2 servers by opening command prompt and entering “ping www.google.com” followed by “ping www.guildwars2.com” and comparing the results. This isn’t definitive by any means but it’s a good starting point, and if your connection to google is relative stable (no lost packets) with a low ping, but your connection to GW2 is losing packets or has a very high ping, then the issue is more likely related specifically to GW2 (or more accurately, your connection to GW2 servers).

If ping results to google are fine, but ping results to GW2 are bad, run a trace route through command prompt to guildwars2.com. In command prompt, type “tracert www.guildwars2.com” and it will trace your connection through your ISP and the various hubs it uses to connect you to the GW2 servers. Look for “Request timed out” or really high pings (such as going from 40ms at one hub to a spike of 430ms at the next) and this will more than likely show you the culprit.

More often than not, if your internet connection is fine in other areas but you are having trouble connecting to very specific servers (ie: Guild Wars 2), your internet is probably not the culprit, and GW2 servers are not the culprit, but instead the problem lies between you and the servers. You’ll see this happen pretty often when major storms are occurring in big cities that serve as main connection points, like Chicago or Virginia.

Hope this helps in some way. If you’re still having problems and it doesn’t seem to be letting up, contact support to see if they can assist you. I think they are still pretty heavily backlogged though, because of the rollback, so be patient if you go that route as it may take them a while to get to you.

Good luck.

What is happening?

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

I had a ping of 0 and was playing:)
I think Anet patched something …. and as allways…something went wrong.
In my case what helped: I told my firewall and antivirus that gw2.exe is an exemption and allow everything;)

What is happening?

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

well it started to work 2 hours later. Maybe some connection route to gw2 server had some problems.

What is happening?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

A dragon did it.

~EW

What is happening?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

As an aside, you might change the title of this post to something more descriptive.

What is happening?

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

What is up man! (high five)