What kind of customer service is this?!?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: WhyKlef.7126

WhyKlef.7126

I bought Guild Wars 2 about 2 days after release… I invested 50$ more for 4000 gems about 3 days after having bought it. Haven’t played for 2 days after and came back to find my account hacked.

All my collectibles gone, my gold gone, 3400 of those gems GONE.

Now I know something is wrong because my Guild Wars 2 had a unique password, a password I use NOWHERE else. I created a support ticket, and about a week after, I haven’t received a single update from ArenaNet’s customer service.

Can an ArenaNet rep confirm to me that this is how you intend to run this business?

After very little research, I found out that there has been somewhat of an internal hack.

I don’t know any details but what I know is that within 1 week after your game being released, I’ve managed to pay 50$ and I know I’m not the only one. What about all the money I might’ve spent more? Nope, instead of playing the game I paid for, I’m here waiting to see how this can be resolved and scared to play again and suffer the same consequences.

If that is how ArenaNet intends to handle their customer service issues, this is not looking any good.

It cannot be that I am the only one in this situation…

Posted by: Archangel.1604

Archangel.1604

So how did you find out there was an “internal hack”?

And yes, expect this level of CS, it’s the worst I’ve ever seen.

Posted by: WhyKlef.7126

WhyKlef.7126

Just write <Guild Wars 2 hack> on Google and read a few articles, some say hackers, some say internal hack… I care less of what it is, my concerns is will ArenaNet help a customer?

I’ve waited a whole week, didn’t make a scene but I have yet to even receive any answers whatsoever. If I deposit 100$ at the bank only to be told 2 days after that my money is gone with no help, no explanations, how should I react?

And now I’m trying to access my ticket for which I have kept the e-mail but my account must be “disabled” as I’m not having any success logging in.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you need help and your ticket is at least five days old, post in the Tickets for Review post and the team will help you.

Do be aware that the fact that something appears on the Internet does not make it factual. Search “the earth is flat” or “The US Moon hoax” to see what I mean. Please do not use these forums as a means to spread rumors — it won’t help your situation and it’s very unfair to our company and to your fellow players.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet