What kind of hardware do i need to have in order to have 30 fps in heat of battle in WvW?

What kind of hardware do i need to have in order to have 30 fps in heat of battle in WvW?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hissatsu.3174

Hissatsu.3174

Q:

Greetings.

I have GeForce 560Ti, 8gb ram, i5-2400 3.1Ghz 4 core processor, SSD for my Windows 7 64bit and Guild Wars 2, sound blaster x-fi titanium audio card. I have stable fps in PVE (around 60) but in WvW when i enter big battle, it drops to ~17. I play on best appearance settings. Dropping to best performance DOES NOT help (adds ~2 fps tops). I have clean PC, i revert to clean backup of system drive i made right after clean install, i have no viruses or spyware or stuff, i regularily clean my autorun with msconfig and other utilities.

What do i have to upgrade to have flawless (at least 30) fps in WvW in the heart of battle? Is that even possible?

(edited by Hissatsu.3174)

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Dunno what to tell you, sounds like you’re all set on hardware but run dxdiag from the Start menu run window and it’ll tell you what CPU (labeled Processor) and other hardware you have.

I’m using an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, a 560Ti video card, 4GB ram and a USB Steelseries audio on Windows 7 64bit and I get above 30fps in WvW, 60-80 in pve. One thing though I’m betting is the video drivers, which version do you have? I’m using an old version from last fall (285.62) and I don’t have the problems most of the people in here has with the latest Nvidia/ATI drivers.

I run GW2 in windowed mode @ 1920×1080.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Hissatsu.3174

I’m using 304 beta drivers, as those were advertised as being more productive than lastest release drivers. should i switch to older ones you’re using? I’ll definetly try windowed mode, i’m @1900x1200. I know how to see my processor i just aint home and dont remember by heart what processor do i have.

Posted by: Cbuzz.5083

Cbuzz.5083

What do i have to upgrade to have flawless (at least 30) fps in WvW in the heart of battle? Is that even possible?

Well, I’ve done a stack of testing with many different processors/speeds & honestly your going to need an i7 Quad @ 4Ghz preferably 4.5Ghz to pull 50fps in pretty much any battle. Anything lower you start getting pretty big drops.

If you can get it to 5Ghz & SLi, it wont drop below 60fps EVER.

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

As a heads up. nVidia has pushed 306 betas out. Anyone mind testing them out and reporting back with results? May help your frames a bit.

Posted by: dacooli.6712

dacooli.6712

In wvw I get 15-25 FPS with gtx 680 and i5 2500k stock. So yeah, it requires a good CPU at least.

Cbuzz.5083

In wvw I get 15-25 FPS with gtx 680 and i5 2500k stock. So yeah, it requires a good CPU at least.

Crank that 2500k & watch ur fps fly. What’s the point of even having a 2500k running at stock?

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Posted by: dacooli.6712

dacooli.6712

Crank that 2500k & watch ur fps fly. What’s the point of even having a 2500k running at stock?

Because it costs money to buy a cooler? I can’t put it in myself and in that case I’ll have to pay someone to do. I mean, it does like 2-3 FPS difference in most games anyways.

Cbuzz.5083

Because it costs money to buy a cooler? I can’t put it in myself and in that case I’ll have to pay someone to do. I mean, it does like 2-3 FPS difference in most games anyways.

Should have got the 2500 then, why spend extra for the K when your not ever going to use it? Just sayin…

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Hissatsu.3174

I have i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz 4 core processor.
And sorry i was wrong its 560 Ti, not 580.
So, is the processor here to blame? 4 cores of 3.1 Ghz not enough for it?
Can i do something to make it better?

Posted by: Varna.5162

Varna.5162

What are your temps with high CPU usage? You should be able to overclock to 4.3 easily on stock cooling.

Hyper 212 Plus is a fantastic cooler. Easy to get for about 30 bucks. Been using it for a couple of years now and I am easily able to OC my i5-2500k to 4.8GHZ.

But, their is still something not quiet right with this game. Even with my CPU clocked that high and a 690GTX my frames are all over the place.

Posted by: Hostile.4925

Hostile.4925

Should have got the 2500 then, why spend extra for the K when your not ever going to use it? Just sayin…

Yea, that $10 difference is a real deal breaker to just have the option, even if you aren’t planning on using it.

Just sayin… /rolleyes

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This is a common problem. They are working on it.

Hissatsu.3174

Yeah i get it people get this problem, but i have reports of people having graphics card of near mine level, and having no problem in heart of WvW (25 fps). And i’m having problems (15-17 fps)

Hissatsu.3174

Up, still looking for help

Posted by: Croon.8543

Croon.8543

I have a i5 3450, 3,2ghz, GF GTX 670, 8 gb ram and are currently set for most games, except this one. PvE ,as stated before, is fine but WvW drops me below 10 fps. So really, judging from the puterspecs i´ve seen around this forum, I with others come to the simple conclusion that the game is broken/not optimized etc etc atm.

Thing is that i’ve seen people playing WvW with great FPS on inferior machines and that kinda bugs me. Makes me wonder if they currently have older drivers that are more compatible at his point?

(edited by Croon.8543)

Posted by: Daipick.5678

Daipick.5678

I5 2500K will do 4Ghz on a stock cooler and wont even break a sweat. Just over 50 degrees here max.

Hissatsu.3174

I got good coolermaster cooler, should i boot into bios and overclock mine to 4ghz?

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

I got good coolermaster cooler, should i boot into bios and overclock mine to 4ghz?

You got a non-k version then overclocking is limited. See if turning down shadows,reflections and post processing a notch down helps.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

Every MHz counts. LA at 3.2GHz and again at 4.7GHz. 50% higher clocks = 50% better min fps (afterburner and hwinfo64 in the top right). $30 well spent imo.

Can’t change the multi on a non-k CPU, and bclk will work on some boards but not others. 103-105MHz tends to be the safe limit if it does work.

Hissatsu.3174

I dont know much about how to overclock a processor, but i’ve checked an online shop, and there’s like hardly many intel processors over 3.3 Ghz. And theyre very expensive and stuff. Reasonable top you can get is 3.5Ghz. And i’m not even getting close to 30 fps to warrant 3.1 to 3.5 switch.

This cant be serious, it cant be that you need to overclock in order to have more than 30 fps in this game… can it? I mean, some people with inferior setups are getting good fps in WvW. There must be some way to change it, obviously, so my PC can get it too, without changing processor?

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

Unfortunately, no. The people with “good” FPS are either lying or taking a screenshot outside of the larger fights.

Only K-series CPU’s can be overclocked (SB i5 2500k/i7 2600k or IB i5 3570k/i7 3770k), and it’s not something I’d recommend. But in the state the game’s in now, to run LA smoothly (min 60), my 2500k would need to go up to 7.5GHz. Not gonna happen on this CPU and probably not on anything that comes out in the next couple years.