What was the fix for c0000005 exceptions

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Boredcreations.7314

Boredcreations.7314

I have seen them referenced in my forum searches, but cannot find the specific posts describing the work around for the c0000005 exception crashes. Can somebody please give me the list of fixes?

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

I posted this here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Random-freezes-and-crashes/47380

Another thing that I did that I forgot to mention in that thread:

Uninstalled Microsoft .NET 4.0. This has caused stability issues in the past for me, but idk why. Very few pieces of software will require 4.0 anyways. You may or may not have 4.0 installed.

Also did a few other things that are ATI related. Tell me what card you have because it may or may not be relevant and I’ll check back later.

Idolicious.6091

Post linking seems glitchy, I’d suggest just reading the whole thing, it’s not that long.

Posted by: fear the sage.1875

fear the sage.1875

c0000005 exceptions how do i fix this

Posted by: Boredcreations.7314

Boredcreations.7314

Okay, so Windows also updated recently, looking at it as a possible culprit as well. I am going through every possible reason for the rash of c000005 exceptions. May even try a system restore.

Idolicious.6091

Question:

Are you running MSI Afterburner/Sapphire Trixx/EVGA Precision/etc.?

Please upload your entire crash log at the next occurrence so that we can take a look.

Posted by: BigTone.4358

BigTone.4358

if you have afterburner on the computer but not running would that make a difference?

Being uncharacteristically nice since GW2

Posted by: xyzzy.8970

xyzzy.8970

As long as the DLLs are loaded (check in processes and services in Task Man.), EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner can cause c0..5 (access violation) errors, as can overlay programs (raptr, Steam, Mumble, maybe Xfire etc too).

Idolicious.6091

As long as the DLLs are loaded (check in processes and services in Task Man.), EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner can cause c0..5 (access violation) errors, as can overlay programs (raptr, Steam, Mumble, maybe Xfire etc too).

This is a possibility and why I asked the question. It also helps to run AB in Stealth Mode (this is an OSD server option from AB) and at Low Application Detection, if using the auto profile feature.

Idolicious.6091

I think I’ve found a potential fix for this issue – going to do extensive testing tonight before I post it on the forums though. Things are looking up though.

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

I hope you found the fix for this. I’m constantly crashing randomly with this error ever since the Sept. 14th patch. It’s driving me nuts. Anyone able to fix this?

Idolicious.6091

I posted a new thread regarding my potential fix for this issue.

It can be located here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Fix-for-c0000005-errors