Whats wrong with this games loading times?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

This is the only time I and many other people i know(in my guild) have had such horrible problems with loading times. Whenever I startup the game for the first time the loading times are sitting at around 2 minutes and consistently 1 minute at most after that.

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I don’t have particular problems with loading time – or at least it’s not longer than how it has been since the beginning, which is still quite long because i don’t have a very good computer….. but i was thinking whatever is causing this problem for you guys might also be causing my – and many others’ – problem too: namely the random and quite frequent game crashes. These started with the last patch, according to most people i spoke with. When did your problem start?

Posted by: Xaal.7235

Xaal.7235

I’ve also noticed the same when I log in for the first time, it’s taken up to 5 minutes to log me in, but once I’m in it’s fine.

I’ve a decent set up i7 core and I’m using an SSD, but my internet connection isn’t great at most I’ll get 7mb, I’m wondering if it’s downloading a load of data first.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

No, you are not the only one …

At launch and for around 6 months after loading times were dreadful, then later in 2013 there was an ‘update’ that improved things a bit. Now, they are creeping back to the bad old days since those tendrils started appearing at the wp’s.

I blame it on resources diverted to the China release, and LS 2.
EDIT: and megaserver …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It’s not your internet connection but your computer. My guildies have terrible connections but extremely good computers. And I have the opposite.

It takes me a minute or more to load anything, it barely takes them 10 seconds.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The initial load up when you first zone in seems to try and load in all the assets first before kicking off the renderer. Once you are in the game, way pointing or gating doesn’t wait for all the assets to load into memory. That’s why I’ve seen sound delays, objects popping into existence such as walls and floors, player characters first appear as the generic models, lighting effects not starting up, etc.

When I go the the royal pavilion, frequently there is no floor for a good 5-15 seconds. I’ve ported the WP near my instance in DR to do some mining and the wall/gate isn’t there for a second or two. When I gate to Rata Sum I see the lower floors aren’t rendered fully and the “plants” that light up along the top level don’t materialize for the longest time. I can run from the LA gate to the starter zone gate and they still hadn’t loaded yet. It takes longer than that. This is a SATA 3 convential HD that has 100+MB/s sequential reads and the dat file is defragmented.

At least that’s how I see it. Initially it waits until all the assets are loaded and other player characters are built before kicking off the renderer. But after that it waits for a minimum amount of time, which is fine if you were planning to run from one gate in LA to another or bring up the map to jump to a way point after gating in. You just have to put up with another 30 seconds of loading before the game appears and sounds “normal”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

The initial load up when you first zone in seems to try and load in all the assets first before kicking off the renderer. Once you are in the game, way pointing or gating doesn’t wait for all the assets to load into memory. That’s why I’ve seen sound delays, objects popping into existence such as walls and floors, player characters first appear as the generic models, lighting effects not starting up, etc. ".

Omg this is exactly what I am experiencing too, didn’t think anyone except me had this. Though, is this a good or bad thing? (Not too tech savy)

Past few weeks my initial loading times are quite long, I definitely noticed a difference from few months ago. Don’t think it is my computer either because I didn’t have this issue before.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I have that issue. I’m pretty sure that it’s your computer because non of my guildies have that issue and they have terrible connections but good computers.

Although sometime, not having any skill effect clogging my screen really is relaxing. Aside from the times I don’t know when to dodge because I’m not seeing the enemies animations.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It’s not your internet connection but your computer. My guildies have terrible connections but extremely good computers. And I have the opposite.

It takes me a minute or more to load anything, it barely takes them 10 seconds.

Not necessarily true true, not the equipment in my cas. It was working fine for me and the the load times have incredibly increased since Sat. It has gotten worse. Sun night the game wasn’t evem loading (M) maps.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Happens often to me, even waypointing within Cursed Shore, which can be annoying when running into invisible obstacles. At least there are usually two NPCs at the entrance of the camps so you know how to get out of there.

But I don’t suffer from random disconnects.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I’m not having any loading issue at all, the first time I start up the game it seem a little longer but once I’m in my zone time are under 10sec. On average 7sec. I have a 120gig SSD with the only thing on it is windows7 and the game, all my other games, programs, apps or on a 1TB standard hard drive.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens