Where is Robert Walter?

Where is Robert Walter?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: GroteDwerg.4752

GroteDwerg.4752

Where did he go to? He suddenly disappeared and left this forum in the dark.
I want some more support for Mac. It’s been beta for ages now. We don’t get any help anymore, no news, no updates (bug fixes). ZERO support for mac. Seems that at launch they were being awesome, now they got all the money out of it they abandon us.

This says allot about the company!

Where is Robert Walter?

GroteDwerg.4752

Premade response from ticket support.

>> Subject
No Support for Mac

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Jorge) 04/25/2013 07:16 AM
Hello Matthias,

Thank you for contacting us once more regarding the issue you were experiencing.

Issues like this are often complex to resolve and the time it takes to fix them can vary wildly based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards, <<

How complex is it to find a moderator for the mac forum or someone who keeps is up to date on the progress?

Where is Robert Walter?

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I’m trying to get a moderator on here to at least confirm this again. Some months back, an admin posted in a thread that they’ve gotten all the feedback they need about the Mac version and will no longer be responding here. This is confirmed by a search of the Mac forums for any Anet posts, the last one I found was 4 months ago, and the last red post at all was 2 months ago from a community coordinator closing a thread. No threads have been closed since.

This area of the forum now seems to be more self-help oriented and with any luck, other players who are still around help.

FINAL THOUGHTS: if you have an issue, read the submit a ticket sticky and do that. If you don’t want to, look into the other areas of the forum for your specific problem. If opening a new thread, be certain to list that you are on the Mac client as most issues are resolved bt giving pc advice.

The pvp/WvW threads are heavily monitored, the tech support threads seem more monitored than game bugs, but you can still go a long time without dev response due to all the fodder and sarcasm there.

[added update] I went to the forum and website issues forum and made a thread about it and they closed it guess I’ll try their suggestion. I feel very sad now.

[final update] a moderator viewed my post, replied, and hopefully, we’ll get an official answer. thanks to our friendly, unnamed mod!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Suggestion-sticky-for-Mac-beta-client-forum/first#post1894410

(edited by Kyllaa.1385)

Where is Robert Walter?

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Robert Walter is where all of the other moderators are, anywhere except the Mac client thread. lol

Where is Robert Walter?

GroteDwerg.4752

I am talking about minor issue’s (for example: the bird glitch). If they just told us that they aware of it and going to fix it then I’m happy. Now we are left in the dark. I find it absurd and I hope they going to look into it.

Btw: Robert Walter was a moderator only for mac . All his posts are in the mac sub forum. I think they just pulled the plug on support for Mac.

(edited by GroteDwerg.4752)

Where is Robert Walter?

Kyllaa.1385

That was what my post was about, check the link I posted above. Support for the Mac forums ended about 4 months ago.

Where is Robert Walter?

Posted by: SnoringPiglet.2768

SnoringPiglet.2768

Hey guys. I am 100% new to guild wars 2, i.e. i am still downloading the huge 230,000 file mac client, 8% and still going lol. So i have been looking on these forums just to get a sense of what is going on for mac players, and how the game runs. What i have seen in recent posts is not comforting. …Is it true that ArenaNet has pretty much dropped support for the mac version? When is this “beta” going to end and a “true” Mac version going to be announced? And most importantly since this affects me directly. Will i even be able to play once i finish this god awful download? I have read in other posts that once people click play from the start up/login screen it just goes to a black or gray box, and nothing happens??? Was my money just wasted on an under/not even performing game?

Where is Robert Walter?

Kyllaa.1385

Hi and welcome!

We are currently waiting to see if anyone will be monitoring these forums for support. You may still come here at the moment for support from other players if they’re available, but we haven’t had an arena net post in months. You can ALWAYS submit a ticket for any issues that you can’t find a timely resolution to, do check out the sticky for that.

As for your game, you may or may not have issues, but I’ve posted some of the basic troubleshooting steps on several recent threads. Between the 3 I post, most issues are resolved with one fairly simple fix (deleting the contents of the gw2folder under application support, several mb of data). Please check a few of the most recent posts for a heads up on it before issues arise, so you know what to do if they ever do. However, you may have no problems at all!

Regarding beta version, we haven’t heard anything yet. But I can assure you of my 5 friends who play on Mac, I am the only one who has experienced long standing issues… And most of those were actually caused by my own router. One friend had a sound issue (weird oscillating ring/beep/whuur sound), but that was fixed with the above suggestion. So, issues aren’t so big, but remember, most peeps come to a forum only when they have a problem, so it seems like more than it is… I just stayed to help others and keep updated.

Hope you enjoy the game and if you do have any questions, pop back.

Where is Robert Walter?

Posted by: ikir.4923

ikir.4923

We are left in darkness. ArenaNet support is terrible and there is no support or moderation here.

The OS X client even if works “ok” for most, are a crap cider port. Transgaming are not helping, ArenaNet didn’t care…. i think this is the worst support ever for Mac users.

I love the game, this is the only reason i stay here… but probably i will switch to ESO if the OS X client is good.