Where to go to get a refund?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

So I just bought the game while on sale for my little brother. But we can’t activate the account.

Every time we try to register a password, it says that it isn’t 8 characters long.

We’ve tried multiple passwords, with different combinations of lower/upper-case letters, numbers, punctuation and symbols.

Having the same issue trying to submit a ticket for assistance too, the page won’t let me submit a ticket unless all the boxes are filled, when I fill them all and submit, it returns as an error saying nothing was filled in.

At first I thought it was a browser issue, I’ve now tried this on multiple browsers with and without add-on’s activated.

edit: all the passwords we’ve tried have been a minimum of 8 characters long

ChoChoBo.6503

This is too ridiculous, bought the game while it was on sale so I could play with my little brother.

Why did I even bother? It just means I’d have to buy a second expansion when it comes out.

Just tell me how I can get a refund. Please.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

In order to get a refund you have to contact support.

I would however suggest not doing so yet, but instead trying more passwords.

Many passwords are blocked for use I believe, simply for being too easy. Try using a password that use uppercases, lowercases, numbers and special letters and see if that works better.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: MrSilnarr.5371

MrSilnarr.5371

This is too ridiculous, bought the game while it was on sale so I could play with my little brother.

Why did I even bother? It just means I’d have to buy a second expansion when it comes out.

well… the expansion is not coming out any time soon and you won’t need the expansion to play the game, the expansionis just gooing to add some stuff to end game.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you want a refund you will need to contact support following the support link at the top of the page then the submit a request link.

The Burninator

ChoChoBo.6503

If you want a refund you will need to contact support following the support link at the top of the page then the submit a request link.

Won’t let me submit a ticket/request. Even after I put all the info in.

If it did, I wouldn’t be trying to get a refund, but trying to still be activating the account.

This is horrible. Can’t activate the account, can’t put in a request/ticket. If I didn’t have this account already, I wouldn’t even be able to post on the forums. So if a completely new user trying to activate this game, there would be no support what so ever for him/her. Just frustrating.

ChoChoBo.6503

In order to get a refund you have to contact support.

I would however suggest not doing so yet, but instead trying more passwords.

Many passwords are blocked for use I believe, simply for being too easy. Try using a password that use uppercases, lowercases, numbers and special letters and see if that works better.

blocked passwords come up with a “unavailable” prompt. so the passwords I tried weren’t blocked, the site is just glitching and there’s no support unless you already have an account to post on the forums. Luckily, for me that’s the case. Not so much for any new users who are having the same issue.

ChoChoBo.6503

well… the expansion is not coming out any time soon and you won’t need the expansion to play the game, the expansionis just gooing to add some stuff to end game.

I wanted to buy the game for my kid brother, so we could play together, later down the line, I’d have to buy 2 expansions (one for me and one for my kid brother) being unable to register his account because they can’t seem to get it together isn’t worth the ridiculously cheap price I spent today and any future cashes I might spend in the future.

the site asks for a min of 8 characters for a password, so we enter an 8 character password. but errors saying that it wasn’t 8 characters. I assure you, my brother and I can count. its anet that can’t.

having issues submitting tickets/requests (but i assume this is just because of an overflow of complaints, the game being on sale and the HoT announcement probably has all their inbox’s full)

lack of support i can find for this is too infuriating, i’ll just stick to my 1 acc’t and tell my kid bro he can ef off and find some other game to play.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Won’t let me submit a ticket/request. Even after I put all the info in.

There are a few drop down options when you submit a ticket that are not very obvious but you need to use to complete the request. It is one thing I find lacking during the support request process. . Make sure you select each of them.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Check your computer for malware – specifically browser hijacks or malware toolbars.

This is not normal browser behavior.

Posted by: Team Socket.4068

Team Socket.4068

i just bought the game as well, and at first i had the same problem, i figure its cause your making passwords that are to easy.

Be sure to use upper lower numbers and symbols, cause that is what worked for me once i had at least one of each of those and about 10 characters. but I’m sure it works for 8 but try 10+.

Hope it works for you, i admit i was a bit weirded out myself as well too cause it doesnt say that you need to make the password with all those things i mentioned.

Im currently dling the game right now haha.

Posted by: ChrisMcMahon.2148

ChrisMcMahon.2148

I just had a similar password issue registering my account and it was frustrating as hell.

Do you have any repeated characters in your password? Because that’s why it wouldn’t accept mine. eg AAbcdefg. If you do, change it to substitute the repeated characters.

The registration page highlighting the password box and saying “8 characters or more and unique” didn’t help and just lead to more frustration.

I kept adding characters.
– AAbcdefg. Nope.
– AAbcdefghi. Nope.
– AAbcdefghi4832. Nope.
– AAbcdefghi4832D*3~2. Nope.

I mean come on! How it that last one NOT 8+ characters and “unique”?

They need to change the password instructions to say "Passwords need to be at least 8 characters with no repeated characters".

I finally got the answer on Reddit.

(edited by ChrisMcMahon.2148)

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

ArenaNet uses a very interesting password checker tool. I am not sure it is unique in the online gaming world but it is rare and very powerful. It starts with a black list of 10s of millions of passwords that come from lots of different places. Any password used by a GW2 player is added so it cannot be used again. That way passwords that are already know to account thieves (from other sources) can never be used again here. It really goes a long way in making your game account secure.

Now the biggest problem with your short password is just that. It is too short. You should really use something in the neighborhood of 20+ characters. Good passwords are four or five non related words strung together. Something like “BannanaTroubleRazorDogFarming”. You can make it something easy to remember but would be very difficult to use a dictionary hack or simple password guesser to find it.

This item from the Knowledge Base might be helpful getting your password issue resolved.
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/70455643-Choosing-a-Unique-Password

Posted by: Necroma.2379

Necroma.2379

Or maybe use password or at least similar: SpagetthikiTTenaxemAce1v3 and write it on paper or somewhere if you need it, when you use launcher passwords saves so you wont need to write it again, just to remember.

when you use passwords like AbcdEFGh123 its just ridiculous.. Try to use passwords that is like random words+numbers. At least that helped for me.

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

For passwords they prefer you to use a unique pass phrase that no one else may have used such as “icantgetthispasswordtoworkanditsreallyannoying” or the like.