Which Nvidia driver version works for GW2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: richieB.5709

richieB.5709

I have a nvidia driver and the game crashes every 15-20 mins. I have problems with almost every game because of the drivers. So does anyone know which specific version to rollback to. I have the newest one right now and it clearly doesnt work.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Over the last 5 years I used about each and every Nvidia driver including some beta drivers. I never experienced a difference between any of them in terms of stability. They all were rock solid. No crashes due to the graphics subsystem.

If your system isn’t stable regardless of the graphics driver, it is no driver issue. You probably have some kind of hardware problem. Your system might overheat, your power supply might be insufficient, the graphics card may be incompatible with the mainboard, or your RAM may be defective or isn’t compatible with the mainboard.

Since you gave no exact information about the kind of crash or error message you encounter, it is not possible to guess any further.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

As above, no problems ever.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

i dont really play much other games than GW2, so cant really tell you a lot, but when I updated my driver to 35×.xx, i noticed the game crashing a lot more often when i engage in close combat, so i reverted back to 347.25; basically it was pretty much crashing at every Teq, Claw, KQ where ppl just pile up and beat the crap at a single place.

even after reverted back, i still getting the crashes, but not as often. I think it’s really down the codes of GW2 because when i picked up the game again 4 months ago it was fine, but with each patch starting from the LA rebuild, my game just starts to crash like once every few days to few times a day.

I agree with what Silmar Alech.4305 says, if it’s happening for all your games, you may have issue with your hardware. I have had a PSU starting to fail on me, and any game i played was crashing every 5-10min; the worst case was the whole PC reboots.

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

(edited by crepuscular.9047)

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

I use 344.75 without gw2 issues… I dont trust other drivers also…

I may have a crash every 2-5 days… but its not the driver that crash, the game instead.

You need a tool to total erase ur display drivers… Use this one bellow and then rollback

GURU driver sweeper tool

it is especially designed for ATI and NVIDIA driver removal, nothing else. It is created by the moderators of 3dguru forums and its free.

(edited by Oyranos.9750)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I always use the latest drivers and have never had a problem with this game (or any other for that matter). Your problem lies elsewhere, most likely a hardware issue (psu, graphic card, over heating, bad mem module etc). It is not the drivers or the game, it is clearly something failing on your machine.

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Same here. Never had a problem with GW2 and nVidia’s drivers.

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

hey guys seems to me i need those driver things and i dont have a knowledge about those, anyways can i get the link where i could get those drivers so i wont crash?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

hey guys seems to me i need those driver things and i dont have a knowledge about those, anyways can i get the link where i could get those drivers so i wont crash?

What video card AMD or NVIDIA?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download