Why do I have to wait 72 hours?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: VinylScratch.5318

VinylScratch.5318

Hi i was not sure why i dont just instantly get my 4,000 gems! i just paid for the Ultimate Expansion and i didnt get any gems, just a confirmation mail stating “Oh cool you gave us 100 bucks, but we are gonna get you those gems you paid for in the next 72 hours.”

:(

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Because of jerks who decide to use stolen credit cards to buy Ultimate, convert the gems to gold and mail the gold off to their friend(s) or to their main account or to their clients who bought gold from them. Who then use it to buy stuff from the trading post or from NPC’s and convert to other items. It’s to protect the game’s economy from those jerks.

VinylScratch.5318

oh ok, i was like awww!

VinylScratch.5318

I want to get the watchwork pickaxe and a sickle for gathering, so i guess ill wait xD

VinylScratch.5318

still waiting for my gems, day 1……

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I would suggest not posting daily about this. It’s very clearly stated in numerous places it can take up to 72 hours.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If they gave it to you instantly then people would abuse the system by getting the gems, using them/selling them on, and then forcing a chargeback on the game purchase. 72 is just a couple of days, it’s really not that big of a deal. You’ll still get what you paid for and be able to use it on whatever you want. If you have to wait a little while to ensure that other people can’t cheat the system (which is bad for EVERYONE) then that should be ok.

Continuing to post about it isn’t getting you anywhere. It doesn’t change the fact that you have to wait 72 hours, like everyone else. In case you’re really bad at maths, 72 hours is three days. Making a post on “Day 1” is silly, because at most you’re going to be waiting three days and there’s no point posting about it each day. It doesn’t change how long you’ll have to wait and you’re just needlessly bumping your topic.

VinylScratch.5318

>_> oh well sheesh.

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

I’m fairly sure that the 72 hour wait is due to the fact that in the United States we have what’s called a “3-day Right of Rescission” which allows a consumer to rescind or cancel a variety of types of agreements or transactions. Basically a buyer’s remorse protection built into the law. Typically you see this when you make large purchases, such as a house or buying a car, etc. But it probably applies to the purchase of a game too in which you’re kinda entering into a long-term contract with Arena by purchasing their game.