Will I get banned if I....

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Borrow a huge amount of gold, 200-300 G, maybe even more? I want to invest on certain TP things, but one of the guild member said people has been banned with even 20 G. May I know if Anet checks before they start banning people?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

As long as you don’t buy the gold with real money, you shouldn’t.

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

You should be fine. Nothing against the rules of lending or giving people gold. However who ever is borrowing the gold should know thakitten is not Anet’s responsibility to get the gold back to them if the deal goes sour.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Yeah…. I mean I loaned out 200 G before to others for their title, but that was before the bot ban. I heard crazy things about some people getting banned…

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Yeah…. I mean I loaned out 200 G before to others for their title, but that was before the bot ban. I heard crazy things about some people getting banned…

I’m sure Anet investigates before they ban people. I would hate to think they would just ban people that make large transactions before actually looking into it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

People have been banned for borrowing money from other players. It doesn’t occur each time though it happens though. If you get banned, you will need to put in a ticket to support to be reinstated.

I got a ban for borrowing 175 gold for a few minutes to get the Golden title. So it does happen.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, u will trigger the auto ban bot.

i’ve seen it happened a few times to a few of my fellow guild members.

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Our guild run a monthly lottery, the first of which raised over 600g. This money was all sent to our ‘guild treasurer’ with three members buying over 150g worth of tickets. We had no issues at all.

Very worst case is you get a temp ban, explain yourself via a ticket and get unbanned. But the ban hammer doesnt come down automatically as some seem to assume.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

temp ban, explain yourself via a ticket and get unbanned. But the ban hammer doesnt come down automatically as some seem to assume.

all the time lost due to temp ban cannot be gained back, ever.

those time (temp ban) of playing guild wars 2 is gone forever.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Receiving money in the mail can flag your account. Multiple flags can result in a ban, at which point you have to go through support and wait a few days.

Guild banks however are apparently not logged, so you can do it through there. Because of this, they can be exploited to duplicate items, as long as you’re willing to fake and waste your 1 time only feature.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Receiving money in the mail can flag your account. Multiple flags can result in a ban, at which point you have to go through support and wait a few days.

Guild banks however are apparently not logged, so you can do it through there. Because of this, they can be exploited to duplicate items, as long as you’re willing to fake and waste your 1 time only feature.

When I got my ban for borrowing 175 gold for the title Golden, we did it through the guild bank. I got a ban and the 2 other guildies who did this with me did not, so it’s pretty random.

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

yes, u will trigger the auto ban bot.

i’ve seen it happened a few times to a few of my fellow guild members.

I’m pretty sure there is no auto ban bot trigger. Every ban is reviewed and judged by a person.
Now it can get the OP in trouble if those 200 gold come from like 20 different persons. (So 20 persons gives him 10 gold). The moderator can see that has hacked account or something else.
Maybe when you send money to a person, try to put some text in the mail too. To show it is from an actual player.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

every ban is reviewed. if someone is banned in error, this is a human mistake.

However, you can make it this human easier by:
a: making sure the sender/reciever are on eachothers friendslist (and preferable for a long time)
b: making sure in the text of the email it is clear where it is for

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

a: making sure the sender/reciever are on eachothers friendslist (and preferable for a long time)

I don’t know about that, my brother and I got ban like every other month when we make legendary and required to move gold/mats around or when we help a guildie by sending them stuff.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I don’t know about that, my brother and I got ban like every other month when we make legendary and required to move gold/mats around or when we help a guildie by sending them stuff.

I got an infraction recently for only crosslinking to another post (I filed an appeal bout it and you even dont get an answer to an appeal!!). But in a recent post Gaile (anet support liason) stated that 99% of the bans where ok bans and only an exceptional small number got banned by mistake. She also stated that all bans are checked manually.

I commented there that I totally understand that human errors can be made, but the goal should be perfection. Only 1% unjustified bans is an ok number, but for people like you, it doesn’t matter if it is 1% or 0.1%. It is you who got the problems. So I do hope they get it down to 0 or atleast go for that.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Borrow a huge amount of gold, 200-300 G, maybe even more? I want to invest on certain TP things, but one of the guild member said people has been banned with even 20 G. May I know if Anet checks before they start banning people?

You should be fine, but suggestions in this thread are helpful. As a player, I would do the one transfer, make a clear transmittal in-game mail, and be ready to contact Support if — and Dwayna forbid it happens! — you are suspended. We will review. We will reverse. And we will do our best to not block in error.

So I do hope they get it down to 0 or atleast go for that.

That is indeed our goal! I think that human error is going to happen, but I’m looking into ways to improve the reports that lead to human error, and ways to improve our review systems, in order to get to the ideal “0% Errors.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet