Will we be notified for when the game crashes for various GPUs will be fixed?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Q:

Right now I am using a very old graphics card(nvidia 9500 GT) for GW2 because it runs stable for GW2.

My original graphics card when I started playing GW2 since betas was a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti.(It seldom crashed in beta) Since the game’s launch I have been crashing everytime I zone while using that graphics card.

There are many people that have the same problem as I do and it is very frustrating to not be able to use my good GPU and have smooth graphics.

Is there a place I can look to see if the devs are making any progress on this situation?

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I have the same problem (same GPU).
Somewhere I read that it was a problem with 32-bit systems and a GTX card.

No idea what the status of the fix is.

Lucky the game re-starts very fast, so it’s not a huge game breaker

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: baldsh.3896

baldsh.3896

Right now I am using a very old graphics card(nvidia 9500 GT) for GW2 because it runs stable for GW2.

My original graphics card when I started playing GW2 since betas was a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti.(It seldom crashed in beta) Since the game’s launch I have been crashing everytime I zone while using that graphics card.

There are many people that have the same problem as I do and it is very frustrating to not be able to use my good GPU and have smooth graphics.

Is there a place I can look to see if the devs are making any progress on this situation?

It’s not the “devs” place to fix it, the problem is with your card and it’s drivers, there is not much the ANet can do about it. I run a 570 and I have never crashed. If you have not tried it don’t just download the latest drivers, get the current beta drivers and see if those run any better.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

It’s not the “devs” place to fix it, the problem is with your card and it’s drivers, there is not much the ANet can do about it. I run a 570 and I have never crashed. If you have not tried it don’t just download the latest drivers, get the current beta drivers and see if those run any better.

But it is up to the Devs to work with Nvidia or ATI to cooperate and fix the issue. There are probably thousands of people out there that are not computer savvy, but play GW2 and when the game crashes for them they will get angry.

Why should I change something when the game was running fine in beta? No sir , it is not about what I have to do. It is Anet and Nvidia/ATI that have to do something.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Yes, there is something you can do.

Look. Use Google. If there’s no fix now when one becomes available you’ll find it instantly.