Win 10 10586.3 and Shaders, Mouse

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

This happened to me with one of the Insider builds, and was fixed in a subsequent build (or in combination with an nVidia update), but now with the ‘official’ release of 1511 (10586.3), while I still have my DTS 5.1 working (thank god), this GW2 only problem has crept back in.

It has to do with two things. Shaders and the Mouse.

With the mouse, when you hold the right mouse button to look, the cursor doesn’t disappear like it should.

With respect to Shaders, with them on ‘High’, the ground is all black. I have to set it to ‘Medium’ to see things.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

With the mouse, when you hold the right mouse button to look, the cursor doesn’t disappear like it should.

I would give much for having that “bug”. I hate the dissapearing cursor and wish
it would always be visible.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: zondabmw.5490

zondabmw.5490

if your using NVidia based card and windows 10 automatically updated your driver. Try going to the NVidia website http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
for AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Download the latest driver, the windows upgrade might of corrupted the new driver. If this still does not work. try a older archived driver that came out on windows 10 release date of July 29th 2015

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Sounds like your driver is corrupt. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download their latest driver. Happy gaming!

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I rebooted this morning and now it seems fine. Not really sure what is up with it, though I do run 2-3 games at once often. I’ll have to keep an eye on it and see if it happens again if there’s anything consistent about it’s occurrence. Only happened twice so far.