Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Thuron.5648

Thuron.5648

Ever since I updated my PC to Windows 10, Guild Wars 2 seems to be running a lot less smooth for me. Before updating I could easily reach a steady 60 fps with the frame limiter on (+- 100 without) but now it’s running at about 35 fps while doing close to nothing. Slightly bigger battles result in almost unplayable framerates.

I’m running a NVidia GTX 970 4GB.

http://www.gw2battlesupport.com/ – World’s first dynamic WvW Overlay

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: Poseidon.2417

Poseidon.2417

Same here. I upgraded my PC to windows 10 today and ever since I will have a huge drop in my fps every 20secs or so. It’s very annoying. I was just standing there doing nothing. I installed the latest GPU driver but still didn’t help.

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I’ve been fighting this issue for the past couple of weeks. (Win 10 Upgrade) GW2 is unplayable for me. Whats funny, is that ANet will do a little “quick fix” and sometimes that fixes it for me. Then the next “update” or reboot, will make the game unplayable again.

Are both of you running nvidia cards?

It looks like that seems to be the common problem. Nvidia released new drivers today, haven’t tried them yet.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: vinak.3497

vinak.3497

I just reinstalled the game after not playing since launch.

Win 10
Core i5 6600k
GTX 980 TI
16gb ram
latest drivers

Struggle getting to 60fps. Frames drop to 30-40 whenever I move the camera, run around etc.

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: Thuron.5648

Thuron.5648

Are both of you running nvidia cards?

It looks like that seems to be the common problem. Nvidia released new drivers today, haven’t tried them yet.

I got the nvidia update today, installed it but it didn’t fix the FPS issues for me.

http://www.gw2battlesupport.com/ – World’s first dynamic WvW Overlay

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Having the same issue. Game is stuck between 17-27 FPS. Changing graphics settings does not effect performance. Turning them all to low yields the same 17-27 FPS as having them all on high.

Running Core i5 4690K
GTX 980 X2 SLI
16GB Ram
Latest Nvidia Drivers

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: Starship.8291

Starship.8291

Same, only amd 6800 series card, 7-8 fps =totally unplayable after installing win 10 pro 64bit.
I used to get 70 to 80 fps. game ran dead smooth back then.

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: Ronir.4357

Ronir.4357

Same problem here with laptop (nvidia gpu), just starting to reinstall the System with 8.1.

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I am thinking you guys are not letting the OS sit after the upgrade, long enough.

I have done 6-7 fresh Installs of Win10, and it takes a LONG time for all the drivers to be downloaded and applied (this is always done via Windows Updates now).

On average it takes about 45mins on a 30Mb-Down connection to grab everything.
If you dont wait, then your FPS suffers as windows is not using the correct driver, and since the GPU is under load windows cant install the driver completely and you need to reboot.

Use Task manager, Advanced, Performance, to determine the network connectivity/activity to see if windows is still working on itself.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Windows 10 - FPS Issues

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

If you re-read my post.. I have been running Win 10 for 3 weeks!

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post