Windows 10 and Gw2-64-bit installation

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cross Santiago.6327

Cross Santiago.6327

So i’m trying the 64-bit client on windows 10. It downloaded ok and plays great. The weird thing is after I’ve shut it down and went to play again, it doesn’t show in my sidebar or desktop, not even in my application-installation-uninstall screen.
So i’ve looked for it all over and found the original 64-bit client download and also a gw2.dat(24.5 GB size) file.
Are these two files the only ones needed to play gw2?
I’m asking because should i want to move it to another folder i don’t want to break it and have to download all over again.
Also, for clean un-install, just deleting these two files is all i need to do right? Because it’s not showing up in “installed programs” in the control panel.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Those two files. The GW2.exe and the GW2.dat are indeed the only files you need to play the game. And yes if you want to do a clean uninstall you can just get rid of those two files. There should be another Guild Wars folder in your user/documents area, this is where the game stores screenshots, so you could also delete that. (moving the .dat or .exe will not negatively impact this other folder so you can move the game safely!)