Windows 10 start menu

Windows 10 start menu

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

Hello folks.
I have a strange issue. The last few days I’ve noticed that my start menu seems unresponsive. If I press the start menu key, the complete menu shows up, but no icon works.

After a lot of investigation I think I’ve nailed it down to when GW2 is running. If I exit GW2, start menu resumes working again.

Anyone else seen this, and/or have any hints?

Thanks

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Windows 10 start menu

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Are you running the game in windowed mode (full screen), or full screen? Usually works much better in windowed mode for every game I have played.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Windows 10 start menu

Zohane.7208

Are you running the game in windowed mode (full screen), or full screen? Usually works much better in windowed mode for every game I have played.

Yes, I do run windowed fullscreen, that seems to be the best option for me so I can use other monitor for wiki and other nice stuff.

Gunnar’s Hold

Windows 10 start menu

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

this is an issue that can happen sometimes after a windows update. the quickest and easiest way to fix this problem is by following the “reinstall windows apps” option at this link, using powershell http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

just follow the instructions regarding copying and pasting a command in to powershell (about half way down the page), and leave it to do it’s thing for a few minutes – after the process completes, the start menu should be fully working

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Windows 10 start menu

Zohane.7208

this is an issue that can happen sometimes after a windows update. the quickest and easiest way to fix this problem is by following the “reinstall windows apps” option at this link, using powershell http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

just follow the instructions regarding copying and pasting a command in to powershell (about half way down the page), and leave it to do it’s thing for a few minutes – after the process completes, the start menu should be fully working

Ah yes, I should have mentioned that I’ve gone through the “usual” recovery procedures, including this one.

Thanks for trying to help though

Gunnar’s Hold