Windows 8 Dual-Monitor

Windows 8 Dual-Monitor

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Truth.5279

Truth.5279

Hello there. I am writing this thread in regards to running the Guild Wars 2 client on Windows 8 platform in full screen on a dual monitor system. I want one of two results. Either the developers simply add a setting which allows for full screen monitor selection, or Microsoft redesigns there input system to fix the issue where touch input on an extended desktop registers as input on the primary desktop. Both of these fixes seem overlooked. My touchscreen is the smaller of my two monitors, resulting in this post and hours of troubleshooting. To anyone looking to add a touchscreen monitor to their PC, be advised! If you know of a setting or software solution to this problem, your help is requested. Thanks.

Windows 8 Dual-Monitor

Posted by: Truth.5279

Truth.5279

Quick update, I found a solution. Just took a bit of help from Microsoft and HP. Apparently, with a HP Compaq L2206tm, I have to go to Windows 8 Control Panel —> Tablet PC Settings —> Setup, then tell the system which is my touchscreen. Touch input now registers on the correct display.

Only problem now is that because I play GW2 client in fullscreen, any desktop input on my extended display minimizes the game. Still waiting for a solution from Microsoft on that one I guess.

Windows 8 Dual-Monitor

Posted by: Kuretsu.3465

Kuretsu.3465

Put your window type to Fullscreen Windowed. It will still be fullscreen but wont minimize when you do something on a second screen. Can even drag windows on top of the game screen then (overlays etc)