Windows 8 and Guild Was 2 FPS problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scary.8034

Scary.8034

Hi so i recently got a new computer because my old one crashed because of Guild Wars 2.

But here I am with:
i5
6 Go ram DDR3
Video card: Nvidia GT 620

I already followed the instructions in the FPS and Performance based issues

And if i try running the game full performance ( removing shadder and stuff like that ), I get an FPS of 15 or even below.

And while running it as the recommended with everything low and like animation on medium I only have between 25 and 40 FPS.

I mean come on the computer is pretty good, and it’s running that bad? there got to be a problem because a friend why a worse computer than that i3 gt 320 runs it better.

So here is my questions , is there compatibility problems between Windows 8 or is there anything more i can do to make the game run more smoothly.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Win 8 and GW2 work just fine together and your FPS look about right for the hardware.

GT620 is pretty low end, so I’m not sure what you expected.

Note: It is not possible that your friend is running better than you. I have an i7 with a GT 330 and have to play with everything on Low or Medium to get even in the mid 20s for FPS.

(edited by Chobits.2430)

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Don’t feel bad. FPS performance is bad in this game across the board. Just browse these forums and you will see over 9000 posts about poor FPS.

Even on my FX8320@4.8Ghz with Dual 6970s in Crossfire, I get around 16-18FPS @ Jormag and in WvW Zerg battles.

Posted by: zerk.9701

zerk.9701

Hi so i recently got a new computer because my old one crashed because of Guild Wars 2.

But here I am with:
i5
6 Go ram DDR3
Video card: Nvidia GT 620

I already followed the instructions in the FPS and Performance based issues

And if i try running the game full performance ( removing shadder and stuff like that ), I get an FPS of 15 or even below.

And while running it as the recommended with everything low and like animation on medium I only have between 25 and 40 FPS.

I mean come on the computer is pretty good, and it’s running that bad? there got to be a problem because a friend why a worse computer than that i3 gt 320 runs it better.

So here is my questions , is there compatibility problems between Windows 8 or is there anything more i can do to make the game run more smoothly.

Well no your computer is not pretty good. A i5 pretty much says nothing for instance a i5 2400S is 2.5 GHz I would take a i3 3220 over that for gaming. The GT 620 is nothing near a gaming video card it’s made for watching movies. So yes I think your FPS are about right.

(edited by zerk.9701)

Scary.8034

What i meant was , that my 5yo computer that i had before was almost running the game the same as what i have now even though i had like things way worse than that.

I know my video card is not like top notch , never said that , and my i5 is 3330 3GHz

that post was never about saying , hey i have a kick kitten computer , why isn’t this working better , but is it normal that it’s runnign like that ? because the old computer that i had was running things almost the same.

And that i’m forced to put everythign on low at the kraken in fractals with that computer and even then it feels weird when i have to dodge the laser whereas it was running all good with the last one

I don’t know why you are like so aggressive with your answer

(edited by Scary.8034)

Scary.8034

Ok thanks for your answer, i’ll try that