World Completion

World Completion

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

I got world completion a few days ago and didn’t receive the “Gifts of Exploration” for the character… I wouldn’t be so concerned but I’m planning on making a legendary weapon.

World Completion

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Try revisiting the Chantry of secrets. That has worked for some players with the same issue.

World Completion

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

Try revisiting the Chantry of secrets. That has worked for some players with the same issue.

I had a similar issue. logging in would say 100% map completion. In the game it said 99% map completion and that i was missing 1 POI. In Bloodtide Coast it shows 100% map completion and i even got the chest for the completion.

But the thing I didn’t know was inside the instance Chantry of Secrets is 1 solo POI that just happens to count for map completion.

So I now have my 2 gifts yay after spending many extra silver checking every map several times…

World Completion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s an odd thing when you get the title but don’t get the goods and it is a known issue. But what’s interesting is not that it’s a bug that you don’t get the rewards, but in fact a bug that you got the title prematurely, before it should have been granted.

I just wrote up a detailed response for Support, and I think it might be helpful to post some of it here:

To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. (Note: One character must do this task, not Char A for some maps and Char B for others.) The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc. Once your selected character has visited every required area, you will receive the rewards.

Hope this is helpful info!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

World Completion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gaile, you might amend your response to include having the character check each map to make sure they collected the map reward chest from each zone/map (some characters have been awarded the chest, but never ‘clicked’ on it to receive it). Failing to do so will also cause the character to fail to receive their Gifts of Exploration even though they have ‘100% completion’ showing.

World Completion

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

This happened to me as well on my thief. It’s my third complete map and I do have all the requirements for 100% completion, but I never received my gifts or my star on the character. I actually submitted a bug report for this a couple months ago.. Here’s a screenshot of that character’s map stats..

Attachments:

World Completion

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I want to bump this post. This not only works for some players, but it almost seems the thing to do after you get world completion.

The bug described here by others is real, but it would be really helpfull if you say you did revist the chantry or not. Just to rule it out!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!