Worse FPS on newer MacBook Pro!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: reeyees.3851

reeyees.3851

I have upgraded my MBP from a 2011 2.2ghz ATI to a 2012 2.3 with NVidia 650. On my older one everything is perfectly smooth with settings on autodetect (mediumish). On the new one I get a lot of low fps choppy if much of anything is going on.

What settings can be tweaked on the laptop and in the game to get the FPS up?

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Are you using the same screen resolution as on the old one? Or did you upgrade to a retina MBP?

Posted by: reeyees.3851

reeyees.3851

It’s not a retina, so its the same 1440×900 on both MBPs. Both are also on 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

So what are your settings on the new one? Make sure to turn off reflections and no supersampling.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

History tells us that Mac’s and Nvidia graphics cards have never really played that nicely with one another. Far too often have apple released new macs only have to end up needing to release updates to fix “screen flickering with Nvidia graphics cards”.
Ati = <3. You can always try toggling the graphics switching option in the Energy Saver preferences in System Preferences. It’s possible that for some reason it isn’t switching to your NVidia card or is switching between them during play?