Wrongfully Terminated account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

My friends account that I sent money to was banned for “assisting” a gold buyer when I sent him gold taken from our guild bank. We were trying to help him fund a commander pin and he returned it because he didn’t want our help he wanted to earn it himself just like he earned his legendary and worked hard for his fractal achievements. When they tried to clear this up their ticket: 130111-001903 got closed saying the action is permanent. Banning someone for the region they are from is very disappointing and could be very bad for Guildwars2 publicity. The persons account is Egn.7029 and I made a thread and was told by a Moderator that submitting a support ticket explaining the situation would help. It didn’t it got me an automated response. I’ve tried doing this the right way and nothing seems to get through. Egn.7029 is a valued member of both Jade Quarry and My guild and I PERSONALLY SENT HIM THE GOLD FROM OUR GUILD BANK. If taking gold from a guild bank=assisting a gold seller than I guess every big WvW guild should have players banned nightly. If we can’t use the guild bank to distribute money through mail without risk of bans then the system is broken. My other guildies that I sent More money to weren’t banned but my one guildie from Asia got banned for less money and he worked his kitten off every day both to get his legendary, play the game and give tons of positive help to new players. I don’t doubt that he kept many many players interested in the game with both his attitude and the way he carried himself on maps. I ask that you reverse the ban on his account because he doesn’t deserve it and it’s a very broken system that has to be fixxed.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

Posted by: Effek.4653

Effek.4653

please any GM or Admin take serious look into this case, all we did is sending gold from guild bank to this particular member to get his commander pin but he send back the golds back and fort due to not wanting to use guild fund. that’s no reason to banned a legit transaction and an account. False accusation and wrongly banned is unacceptable just because my guildie from Malaysia doesn’t mean we are farmer or gold seller personally I feel this kind of treatment is disrespect We Asian Gamers. Please do not banned a gamer who support guildwars 2 and the community of World v World.

Thank You

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

There is only one way to go: write a ticket about it and have a review. Once the ticket is older than 3 days, you can put the ticket number in the special “3 day and older” sticky thread.

Mods on the forum or friends on the forum cannot help to change the situation.

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

There is only one way to go: write a ticket about it and have a review. Once the ticket is older than 3 days, you can put the ticket number in the special “3 day and older” sticky thread.

There are admin’s that read this that can. It’s impossible to post about it when they close the ticket on the two day mark and force them to reopen another ticket. (Can’t ever get to 3 days). Also the person’s account on forums is also banned thus he can’t personally post.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

Posted by: Vel.1653

Vel.1653

I really love arena net as a company but this crap with customer support is not holding up to the awesomeness that the developers and the rest of the team’s vibe is.

Also I would like to add this is a pretty awesome member of the Jade quarry family and it is sad to see him wrongfully banned for us as a guild helping our members out by sending them gold. We play mmos to have fun with others, seemed helping others also gets them wrongfully punished.

(edited by Vel.1653)

Posted by: Mawian.2905

Mawian.2905

Arena Net really needs to look into this account again Egn.7029 has never and would never do anything to jeopardize his account. He’s sent two tickets in already only to have them overlooked. If he was going to be banned for gold selling I should have been banned along with him since the gold was sent to me more than him through YOUR mailing system. How do you expect us to send money to help our friends if you’re just going to ban us for it?

MadhattĂ«r – Elementalist || Strike Force – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Airleas.4301

Airleas.4301

So in my opinion this is an unfair banning.
I understand the concept of banning accounts that make large transfers of gold in one sitting, but 100g is not really a large sum anymore, nor does it warrant an immidiate ban on an account without further investigation. The system would work better if it simply flagged an account rather than automatically banned it, there would be a lot less accidental bannings that way.
The ticket submitted should not be final either, taking one look at this would reveal that the account should not have been terminated in the first place. Simply giving the account back would result in no harm done, so it doesn’t make any sense as to why customer support won’t look at the ticket.
Hopefully Arena Net sees this and fixes things, I’d hate to see a person who put so much time into the game lose it all over a simple misunderstanding. Unfortunately the player base won’t do so well if this happens more in the future.

Posted by: animusLi.1304

animusLi.1304

There are admin’s that read this that can. It’s impossible to post about it when they close the ticket on the two day mark and force them to reopen another ticket. (Can’t ever get to 3 days). Also the person’s account on forums is also banned thus he can’t personally post.

The thing is that admins NEVER do anything to help if they see something on the forums ever. Having the whole guild post in the thread will not change this fact.

The support team also is not 24/7. The best we can tell is that they work on a 8am to 5pm CST work day.

Posted by: Theomancer.3907

Theomancer.3907

Adding another voice to this thread. This “ban first, ask questions later” policy has got to stop. And if it’s true that mods are preventing threads from becoming three days old to go to the special forum, that makes it so much worse.

We shouldn’t have to come on here and beg and plead for a player to get their account when we simply mailed gold to him for a commander pin. This is absolutely insane.

It’s nice that everyone posting above is keeping their cool and having a positive attitude, but enough is enough. You guys at Anet need to get your act in gear, stop outsourcing and automating your customer support, and actually help people out who are getting screwed by this stupid system. Take notes from RIOT Games.

Army of Shepherds [AoS] – Jade Quarry
http://i.imgur.com/K520z.jpg

Posted by: Sglobe.4827

Sglobe.4827

If I had a friend who wanted something in the game SO BADLY such as a Legendary Weapon or Tier 3 Race Armor but couldn’t afford it and I sent him/her my own gold or even gold funded and authorized by the GUILD BANK. Using your MAILING SYSTEM. Are you going to simply ban my friend?

Am I forced to tell my friend that I can’t send them my gold because ArenaNet will ban them?

There is absolutely no logic AND justification that our friend eGn.7029 (aka Nicolez) was banned because the GUILD and its PEOPLE agreed to fund him a Commander Pin. It was a fair and legitimate transaction because eGn.7029 DESERVES to be a commander just as much as he had worked so hard for his legendary weapon and earned his 50+ scale in Fractals of the Mists.

Nicolez is not the kind of player who would put his account at risk because he loves logging online everyday to play with his friends.

My gut instinct tells me that this banning was automated by your system based on the fact that there has been LITTLE to NO investigations made into eGn.7029 case. Furthermore, there has been LITTLE to NO humanly responses made by ArenaNet despite the amount of tickets posted and the cries for JUSTICE!

If eGn.7029 was banned because we sent him gold for his Commander Pin, how many more innocent cases similarly have been banned or will be banned in the future?!

AreanNet! I urge you to PLEASE go through your data sheets and REVISE this matter. PLEASE UNDO what you did when you banned eGn.7029. PLEASE retain your reputation as a good gaming company and bring fairness to this case.

I just transferred from Sea of Sorrows to Jade Quarry a few days ago. It’s something I should have done a long long time ago, to join eGn.7029 and Effek so we can play together.

GIVE OUR BELOVED NICOLEZ BACK! GIVE HIM HIS ACCOUNT BACK!

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

The thing is that admins NEVER do anything to help if they see something on the forums ever. Having the whole guild post in the thread will not change this fact.

The support team also is not 24/7. The best we can tell is that they work on a 8am to 5pm CST work day.

Somebody banned can still use support! It was made that way that you don’t have to have an account to do that.

As far as I have read several times on the forums the support team IS working 24/7. I guess they are not having a full team at midnight or on sundays, but that is a different matter.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As already explained, that kind of issues are meant to be discussed with our customer support team. Posting here on the forums will not solve your issue and/or speed up the process.

If your ticket is more than 3 days old, please post in the appropriate thread.

This thread is now closed, thank you for your understanding.