[WvW] World Association not Changing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

So I transferred servers after the first week on the tournament, and it’s been a little over three weeks since that time. However, the battle historian still indicates I am associated with my old world and not my new one.

The in game information is vague, saying that it should change as I “participate” on the WvW maps. I have been very active in WvW since transferring to my new server.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Do I just have to keep waiting, or am I bugged?

Posted by: gianz.2513

gianz.2513

i having an issue as well.. can someone tell us what to do?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You cannot change worlds during a WvW season. This is from an upcoming KB Article:

A blog post by the WvW team published in early March discussed certain upcoming restrictions on WvW transfers. As of March 28, 2014, players who transfer during a WvW tournament period are unable to participate in WvW combat for up to 14 days. The intention of this limitation is to encourage each player to choose a home world and to play on that world for the duration of the tournament.

When this restriction was implemented, a warning message was added to the world transfer confirmation screen that states the following: “Your WvW accessibility will be restricted to the Edge of the Mists for the duration of the current match and until the end of your world’s next match.” Once someone confirms a world transfer, that restriction applies.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

You cannot change worlds during a WvW season. This is from an upcoming KB Article:

A blog post by the WvW team published in early March discussed certain upcoming restrictions on WvW transfers. As of March 28, 2014, players who transfer during a WvW tournament period are unable to participate in WvW combat for up to 14 days. The intention of this limitation is to encourage each player to choose a home world and to play on that world for the duration of the tournament.

When this restriction was implemented, a warning message was added to the world transfer confirmation screen that states the following: “Your WvW accessibility will be restricted to the Edge of the Mists for the duration of the current match and until the end of your world’s next match.” Once someone confirms a world transfer, that restriction applies.

Gaile I believe what he is getting at is that the historian is not showing that he changed servers and should receive rewards for his new server as indicated by the paragraph I have quoted below from the same blog post you quoted.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have been on TC far longer than on Maguma. (I think) and am still associated with Maguma.

80 Ranger DH Abyss

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I believe you must play 50% and over over the tournament on the server you xferred too. So if you stick out til the end it should change sometime the next 2 weeks!

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Same issues for me I was on SOS at the start of the tournament, went to SOR for one week then I went back to SOS for 2 weeks now. I’m still showing I’m representing SoR.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Yamsandjams.3267

Gaile I believe what he is getting at is that the historian is not showing that he changed servers and should receive rewards for his new server as indicated by the paragraph I have quoted below from the same blog post you quoted.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have been on TC far longer than on Maguma. (I think) and am still associated with Maguma.

Yes, this is what I was getting at. The blog post quoted clearly states that WvW association should change, but the information provided on the blog post and in game is too vague to give any sort of quantitative measure of how much time must pass.

I believe you must play 50% and over over the tournament on the server you xferred too. So if you stick out til the end it should change sometime the next 2 weeks!

Is there a source for this, or are you just speculating? In any case, the vast majority of my time has already been spent on my new server, even following the restriction period. I’m still hoping it will change automatically.

I did submit a ticket for this, which is currently in the pipeline. I shall have to wait and see what comes back.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Yamsandjams.3267 please let us know what supports says when they get to your ticket.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Yamsandjams.3267

An update on this issue:

I did not receive any meaningful feedback from my support ticket that I submitted. However, when I talked to the battle historian today, I found that my WvW world association has apparently changed to the server that I transferred to. I did not pay particular attention to when this occurred, but it would likely have been in the past few days (possibly on the last reset).

I’m not sure if anything was done to the game or my account to cause this alteration, but it looks like it has been sorted out for me. I would be interested to know if other people are still having the same issue.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

Posted by: Aethelbob.8593

Aethelbob.8593

Yeah, I’ve had the same issue. Changed servers just short of a week and a half into the tournament following the departure of several guilds. I’ve participated in WvW daily since then, but I am still associated with the first world. Had a similar experience with support, too. Everyone was quick to respond, but I’m not sure I communicated my concerns clearly enough for support to address them.

I, too, would be interested in hearing if others have managed to change association and what they think triggered it.

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

Hello, having same problem right now, transferd weeks ago and started playing wvw very activly and I am still associated with my old server, after writing a ticket I just get a copy paste answer and no help, and future questions get ignored, what kind of support is this crap? I spent 2400 gems on a transfer and they don’t even bother helping customers, seriously? I am very dissapointed in your customer support anet

Yamsandjams.3267

Hello, having same problem right now, transferd weeks ago and started playing wvw very activly and I am still associated with my old server, after writing a ticket I just get a copy paste answer and no help, and future questions get ignored, what kind of support is this crap? I spent 2400 gems on a transfer and they don’t even bother helping customers, seriously? I am very dissapointed in your customer support anet

Do you know what the exact date of your transfer was? If it was only a few weeks ago, you may be stuck with your old world since that will be the one you spent the most time on.

Unfortunately the information they provide as to how world association changes is incredibly vague. It just implies it will change, not when it will change, how long it takes to change, and particular restrictions or limitations on it changing, &c.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is more specific information from a Dev:

Your world association is not determined based on the sheer amount of time you’ve spent fighting for a world, but rather the things you’ve achieved during your time fighting with that world.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-Association-1/first#post4023817

Yamsandjams.3267

Here is more specific information from a Dev:

Your world association is not determined based on the sheer amount of time you’ve spent fighting for a world, but rather the things you’ve achieved during your time fighting with that world.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-Association-1/first#post4023817

Thank you for linking this. Now to see if we can get some actual specifics.

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

Pretty sure time is still a major factor tho. I transferred from server A to server B, did hardly any WvW on A, completed most season achievements on B, continued to play on B, yet I’m still tied to A after being on B for over three weeks now.
I don’t blame anyone for it tho – I should have changed servers sooner instead of being a ninny and putting it off till it was too late.

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

Do you know what the exact date of your transfer was? If it was only a few weeks ago, you may be stuck with your old world since that will be the one you spent the most time on.

Unfortunately the information they provide as to how world association changes is incredibly vague. It just implies it will change, not when it will change, how long it takes to change, and particular restrictions or limitations on it changing, &c.

Yes transferd 4 weeks ago, playing very active since 3 weeks now, while not playing alot on my old server I still managed to finish my meta there just with casual playing, but I can assure you that I’ve played WAY more during the season on my new server that I should’ve been changed already