WvW opposite players in big numbers are invisible

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Hi Guys,

In WvW i have a serious issue.

I dont know if its my settings or something else (HW) but sometimes i don’t see huge number of opposite players just infront of me or on the walls. For instance yesterday i was running to a tower to defend it. I saw the fight on the map but for a long time nothing infront of the tower. It turned out there was 50+ opposite player just ahead of me.

They are basicly invisible for me for a long period of time wich results i run into safe death sometimes.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB with 6GB RAM and an i5 3Ghz processor.

Could you please help me out?

Best Regards,

Gabe

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: Megido.9456

Megido.9456

Well i have the same problem with mobs on events ( if i dont face in the exact spawn point direction it takes usualy 1-2 s to load the mobs even when some ppl already hit em). It seems its some kind of problem on their side( servers wont send data so fast or so ?) i got this from last patch and i cant rly belive 16gb of ram,ssd disk and oced (stable) hd7850 + 4.2 ghz i7 cant load objects fast when my fps never drops lower then 40.

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Thats what i call monster PC. I have never experienced this on PvE server just on WvW and mainly on Eternal BField.

I am definitely thinking to reinstall the whole game as i have this downloaded since the first BETA.

And my ATI drivers are up to date. The latest version.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Megido.9456

As i can see from other posts its their fault. Well i dont have such massive lags as you but for me its a prob when mobs dont load for 1-2 s after i turn around. Its not more then 4-5 s to load stuff mostly for me but then again it was 0 delay before.I belive you dont even notice this in pve cuz it only happens in orr mostly or other high populated ( alot of models to load it seems) areas and it might be thoes 2 s for mobs to appear are normal for you :P. No real fix for this now untill they fix it on their side(approved problem).

Posted by: Wulfegang.3829

Wulfegang.3829

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this. Guild Wars 2 is using a technology called Umba Occlusion Culling. Here is a a description of what it does and how it is terrible for WvW. Text taken from the video I linked to an example of it.

“Essentially Umbra Occlusion Culling attempts to remove models and textures from the game that aren’t being seen by the camera, and quickly load them back in when you can see them. This technology allows large open areas, heavy built up cities, and lots of on screen models for less performance. More information here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2L7IdYDVc

Currently it seems that the limit for characters to be rendered on screen at once is extremely low, at about 40 characters. Some people find this limit to be quite low, and it often provides frustration in WvW (since battles can have 100 or more people in them). There needs to be a way to increase the number of characters or perhaps increase it specifically for pvp."

http://youtu.be/V_0eNMdjYho

Megido.9456

The worst thing is that it affects mobs models as well. So in high populated events like in orr it takes 1-2 s for mobs that you didnt see (turned back on them) to load and they die in thoes 1-2 s …. they should seriously add a higher limit for model loading. Ssd and ram is cheap as hell now so i dont see a proble mwith letting the game get 100+ models loaded at the same time ):

Posted by: Ozman.9356

Ozman.9356

i have this happening in spvp also
running around 80fps and still cant see the enemy
sometimes i can see the red dot ring around them if iam lucky to get a target on

and iam running 3770k and 680gtx 16gb ram on a ssd system