Y delete my character

Y delete my character

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dexter.6039

Dexter.6039

Q:

Two days ago I logged into my account and played for a couple of hours. I then logged off for around 4 hours and came back and found the my characters were deleted. Y did you delete my characters for?

[XTA]DEXTER

Y delete my character

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

Two days ago I logged into my account and played for a couple of hours. I then logged off for around 4 hours and came back and found the my characters were deleted. Y did you delete my characters for?

We would not do that, and there have been no issues that I’ve heard about that would result in such an action. I worry that your account was accessed by someone else. Please change your password immediately, using something strong and unique to GW2!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Y delete my character

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Are you sure someone in the family didn’t switch to a different server?

Y delete my character

Posted by: Dexter.6039

Dexter.6039

No one has access to my computer let alone my games I have two different passwords they would have to get through before they have access to any of my stuff.

[XTA]DEXTER

Y delete my character

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Just a thought then.. Sounds like someone guessed/hacked your account, used your guy for something illegal and then deleted it. Try resetting your password like GaileGrey said and then see what happens.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

Y delete my character

Posted by: Diablo.8650

Diablo.8650

My character was 60 levels in and the same thing happened to me. I cant face starting a new character just to see it get wiped.. Their is no safety from these guys, if they want to hack you they will hack you simple…

My password looks like this ********************* very complex with caps and numbers…

and I have two firewalls and use adblocker and microsoft essentials…

Like I said – they want your stuff they will take it.

The only issue I have is why on earth we have not got a function that re-rolls characters…

I feel cheated out of two weeks of my life and am in a very bitter and foul mood.

GOLD, GEMS, CRAFTING MATS… GONE. KAPUT. Am I to forget about this???

I paid good money for a game that i have to wait in line for an answer for, will I be compensated…?

Who can I complain to!?

These questions seem to be up in the air at the moment.. and its very frustrating.

Incident:120906-001331

Incident:120906-001331

(edited by Diablo.8650)

Y delete my character

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

My password looks like this ********************* very complex with caps and numbers…

This is appropriate.

Still won’t save you if you’ve got a keylogger though.