account hacked

account hacked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

lost everything gold and gems can pls fix thanks. found some info and did a support ticket thru the website any idea on how long this takes to get things back?

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

(edited by subcrazy.1098)

account hacked

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Probably a few days.

They get thousands of tickets a day, all of which take time to work on.

account hacked

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

ya thats cool just wanted to know thx for the info

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

account hacked

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

As AP said, it can take — I’ll admit it — several days to get this sorted. But the good news is that not only are we reviewing your account, re-enabling access, helping with security (when possible), and restoring it, we’re also nabbing the #%&@# person who hacked the account.

So if it takes a bit of time, we thank you for your patience and you understanding that we’re making things right in the world on oh, so may levels.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

account hacked

Posted by: Mike.7983

Mike.7983

Not sure where to post but I was also a victim of being hacked as of late, loaded up guild wars after a months break and noticed my account was recently taken over with unknown authorized login locations? Recently changed password and noticed it was taken over again by the next morning. How is that possible? So now I added a authenticator app and hopefully this stops happening. No idea how they keep getting my cd key and reseting it every time. P.S no keyloggers or viruses, I play many diff mmo’s for years and never had this problem.

account hacked

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Not sure where to post but I was also a victim of being hacked as of late, loaded up guild wars after a months break and noticed my account was recently taken over with unknown authorized login locations? Recently changed password and noticed it was taken over again by the next morning. How is that possible? So now I added a authenticator app and hopefully this stops happening. No idea how they keep getting my cd key and reseting it every time. P.S no keyloggers or viruses, I play many diff mmo’s for years and never had this problem.

That suggests that the @#$% has your email password.

Change that immediately. And not to something that is used for any other website.

Server: Devona’s Rest

account hacked

Posted by: K Factor.7182

K Factor.7182

I as well have been become a victim of this as well. Like Mike, (lol I remember that movie) I dont have any viruses or keyloggers, and this is the first time this has happened as well. Changed passwords on both my personal email and game account, filed a support ticket. Is there anything else I can to do be safe?

[IRON] [ASR] | Maguuma
#ELEtism

account hacked

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I as well have been become a victim of this as well. Like Mike, (lol I remember that movie) I dont have any viruses or keyloggers, and this is the first time this has happened as well. Changed passwords on both my personal email and game account, filed a support ticket. Is there anything else I can to do be safe?

Do you use a smartphone?
Its possible that your phone may be compromised and that’s how they got your information.

Otherwise, be sure to use at least the email authentication option for your account. The Two Factor would be safer yet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

account hacked

Posted by: K Factor.7182

K Factor.7182

I’ve actually gotten a hold of using the authentication software after the hacking so in theory I should be safer. Oddly enough I didnt know this kind of system was possible but yeah it seems thats as much as I can do now. Hopefully anet can get back soon to fix the issues.

[IRON] [ASR] | Maguuma
#ELEtism

account hacked

Posted by: Briggs.4769

Briggs.4769

I’m having a similar problem, I changed my email password and account password and it seems a mobile authenticator was set. Now my little brother can’t access his account. Anyone know how the mobile authenticator thing works?

account hacked

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Yah hang in there, Response time is 3-7 days depending on backlog. And in some cases usually the same day.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

account hacked

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m having a similar problem, I changed my email password and account password and it seems a mobile authenticator was set. Now my little brother can’t access his account. Anyone know how the mobile authenticator thing works?

I am a bit confused. You placed the Mobile Authentication on your account, and now your brother can not access his account?