any performance upgrade ?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

I haven’t played GW2 since the summer 2013 and stopped due to poor performance lag and bad optimization. I was wondering has the game performance bein improved or not

my specs are:

CPU: intel pentium g620 (2 core 2.6) i know that the game is cpu dependent
GPU: 7770 HD 1gb Gram ddr5
4 gigs of ram
1280×1024 montor

Should i eaven bother playing ?

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

in a word …..no.
gw2 hasnt really changed all that much performance wise. infact the addition of client side culling options lowered performance. though u should probably just test it urself to be sure.

Sent via PSP

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

wbfytw.4265

well in that case GW2 is officially dead for me
Thanks for the reply btw

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

The game performance has improved quite a bit, contrary to what SolarNova has said. It used to run at 10-15 fps on my laptop and now it runs at 30+ on medium settings.

You should be able to run the game just fine on a mix low and medium if you set the number of visible player models to low.

If you do want to play it, give these settings a try. They work just fine on my laptop with an integrated GPU to give 30 fps:
Animation: Low (you won’t notice any change in graphics)
Antialiasing (on or off, up to you)
Environment: Medium
LOD distance: Medium
Reflections: None
Textures: High
Render Sampling: Native
Shadows: Low
Shaders: Low
Postprocessing: Up to you, can be on high.
Character model limit: Lowest
Character model detail: Medium

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Actually you can run the game at low/medium settings as Kharr mentioned.

I have a system with lower specs and the game runs at 20-40 fps outside of big events such as WvW and World Bosses.

SolarNova.1052

Performance is still woefull for what it is. YMMV depending on ur system. Lets face it if your running at 20-40 FPS OUTSIDE of major events means inside them, like in WvW, its a slide show. Even top end systems will frequently drop below 25 in WvW.

Not to mention the latency lag caused by zergs currently. Fighting a npc in ur zerg, next thing u all experience a huge lag spike stoping all actions for a few seconds, straight away you know there is an oposing zerg very close by, a few seconds later they appear ontop of you.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

wbfytw.4265

The game performance has improved quite a bit, contrary to what SolarNova has said. It used to run at 10-15 fps on my laptop and now it runs at 30+ on medium settings.

You should be able to run the game just fine on a mix low and medium if you set the number of visible player models to low.

If you do want to play it, give these settings a try. They work just fine on my laptop with an integrated GPU to give 30 fps:

Ok i will try the settings u recommended and i don’t like like low Resolution shadows looks crappy so Ill turn them off (guess its a plus)

Ill try the game, again… Hope not to be disappointed.

I don’t like WWW, but l like zerg events, will i lag if participate in them ?

Thank you every one for the replays !

SolarNova.1052

Dependson how big.
World events as big as Tequatl will have very low fps, especialy with a CPU like urs.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Ok i will try the settings u recommended and i don’t like like low Resolution shadows looks crappy so Ill turn them off (guess its a plus)

Ill try the game, again… Hope not to be disappointed.

I don’t like WWW, but l like zerg events, will i lag if participate in them ?

Thank you every one for the replays !

With your system specs on post #1, you will lag in Zerg events.

Your CPU is going to hold you back, much more then your GPU.

the HD7770 can sustain the game at 16:9 and high/medium settings (shaders on medium, reflections sky or off, shadows off, sampling native)

you might want to invest in a CPU upgrade if you can. It will serve you better then a GPU upgrade for your current specs.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

wbfytw.4265

Well i’m running in 5:4 and i Play mostly LOL and don’t need much, + i cover the “official” system requirements

Attachments:

(edited by wbfytw.4265)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Well i’m running in 5:4 and i Play mostly LOL and don’t need much, + i cover the “official” system requirements

Those requirements are soo wrong :-)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Actually being game-debate.com, those specs are pretty dead on. They meticulously pick apart a game and get feedback by as much as thousands of users with different specs and narrow it down to the lowest and highest. Considering as well they have had almost 2 years to refine the GD adjusted specs.

And the specs on the back of the box for Guild Wars 2 are accurate for a mid range PC at the time of testing for lows and highs. The low system requirements are well enough for maximum 30 fps on low settings while the high is maybe 30 fps on max settings. or 20 fps. Regardless, it’s still playable if you’re not an overly picky person.

In response to seeing the original post of this thread, there have been some ‘improvements’ made apparently over the past year. To my irritation, however, there has been lack of details on what exactly has been improved. They said literally “Improvements to the game’s performance have been made!” and didn’t go into details. Could give it a try. Considering your Pentium is probably on par, or faster than, the rated ‘Recommended’ specs for Guild Wars 2 I’d have to imagine you could find playable settings while still having a bit of eye candy..

(edited by Avelos.6798)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Covering Minimum requirements only means that Yes you can play the game,but at the lowest possible settings,and you can still expect to lag.It basically just means..the game will run,and thats about it.

wbfytw.4265

actualy I can run it…… crazy right i get 40-60fps in dungs 25-30 in huge zergs like WvW and World events

Antialiasing fxaa
Shadows: none
Postprocessing: High

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

You may get slightly better performance without FXAA. I personally don’t like it because the further away something it is, the more blurry. That’s what FXAA is, a bit of a fake method to anti-aliasing by adding a blur filter. It’s cheap but it provides almost the same results.