black screen

black screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

this has happened multiple (5x or around that much) times over the last 3 (i think) days. i’m playing and suddenly black screen. i still have a mouse cursor, and i can still access my graphical options trough the f11 key, but everything else does not work, i can not open the hero panel for example. everything is just black with a mouse cursor on top.

seems weird, i never had this until recently, it also came with the occasional disconnect from the chat server (which is also the log in server, apparently) which is weird but not as game breaking as the black screen.

i updated my computer and drivers, and the problem persists even with my antivirus off.

black screen

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Do you see any mention in your eventviewer (Windows) about failing graphics or something? Since with the removal of PvE culling the GPU’s are taxed a bit higher when running on a crowded map (players with high end gaming PC’s have to tone down settings to keep it playable, go figure)..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

black screen

Cyto.9401

nope nothing of the sort tribio, and my setting are pretty low to begin with :P

black screen

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Hmmz, I see.. And yet I think it has something to do with the update from Tuesday, since you mention you have encountered it over the last 3 days (Tuesday was update day).

Have you ever seen behaviour like that in other games you (maybe) play? Also, do you have some kind of monitoring tool for your graphics card? (heat, fan RPM, …) That might shed some insights also..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

black screen

Cyto.9401

i haven’t seen anything like this in other games before
i do monitor my GPU temperature, which was fine. i was in very unpopulated zones 3of the 5 times it turned black..
i have been noticing something though, it happens every time i handle items someway. like one time i was selling stuff on the tp, the other time i was just doing inventory management, even another time i was selling stuff to a vendor.. im not sure though. ill try to keep an eye on it.
it happened again 2x since the first post

black screen

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Several options that might help or might not without knowing more about your system or possible error codes you may receive with these half d/c’s:

Restart your modem/router.

Set you video card control program to have 3d and anti-aliasing to “application controlled”

black screen

Cyto.9401

modem/router restart does not help
video card already had application controlled turned on for gw2.exe (i recall an issue with the beta where i could not play otherwise)
3x since the first post

black screen

Cyto.9401

again when i was managing my inventory i had a black screen, it happened right when i moused over to another item…

black screen

Posted by: Jealleo.2189

Jealleo.2189

again when i was managing my inventory i had a black screen, it happened right when i moused over to another item…

This is the same exact thing that happens to me. When I try to click on an item, or when I am salvaging, it will crash to a black screen. I can hear music, but no other game sounds or effects.

black screen

Posted by: Royalzzs.8702

Royalzzs.8702

I got the same problem to, but dont know what it is..
I have updated my driver to but still got the problem. When i put my guality on auto-detected ( or something like that ) all is on medium and i putted everything on low and still have the problem..
Someone know any things that could help this problem ? many thanks !

black screen

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I been getting the same thing since DB.

black screen

Cyto.9401

happened again, together with chatlag

thats 6x since the first post!