camera/mouse turning/looking fails.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

i made this thread a couple days ago on the bugs section.
now im posting is on tech support.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/camera-fails-when-turning-and-looking/first#post379829

“since today im having a weird issue.

when i click (either right/left/both clicks) half the times the camera “gets left behind” from where i want to move it.

it acts as if it did not lock on when i click on the ground
and while i move the mouse and expect the camera to follow, it stays as it was.

and i’ve checked my g9 mouse, it’s fine.

my friend has the same issue as well."

it is extremelly annoying, to the point that i dont want to play any more.
please do something about it as soon as possible. thanks.

Trismegistos.3046

can someone, anyone, reply?

is this a new bug? or is it a malfunction from our end?

it has cost me a lot in pvp, and its generally extremelly annoying.

Posted by: Zabimaru.2869

Zabimaru.2869

I’ve had the same issue. I just noticed it today doing some spvp. I’m just glad its not me who is having the issue. Was concerned I would have to replace my mouse.

I would try to turn with the right mouse button and it would not turn the camera in the direction and would just lock up as OP has stated.

Posted by: Grey.7862

Grey.7862

I’ve recently had the same problem. It started after Sunday’s patch. I am using a razer naga.

Trismegistos.3046

and its good to see that its not me, but the game.

hopefully they know about this and they’re working on it.

yes it was probably the patch
since the date this problem started matches the day of the patch.

would be nice if we had a dev to acknowledge the issue.

Posted by: Zabimaru.2869

Zabimaru.2869

Also would like to add I am using a razer naga as well.

There have been other issues with loading screen bugs in relation to spvp as well. Not sure if it relates to this, but could be.

I also hope that we see some dev response about this just acknowledging that they are aware of the issue.

Posted by: ZiN.9742

ZiN.9742

I also have a razer naga (epic). I’ve heard lots of people with this issue all over the web. Updating to the latest drivers and firmware changes nothing and I wouldn’t recommend it as synapse is worse than the actual problem and doesn’t solve the problem.

I’m now using latest firmware with latest driver software before synapse. Don’t get synapse especially if you have a naga epic.

People say the issue pops up in a few games not just GW2 but it’s sounds like only a few games. They say it could be related to the high polling rate of the Razer Naga and other Logitech mice also with high polling rates.

I believe the comunication skips a beat and the game and mouse are then in different states. Sometimes you can re-click a button to reset the state, other times the mouse locks and you need to unplug and replug it. If I’m moving and strafing and jumping, while turning just right I managed to BSOD it several times in a row by repeating the same action. I’ve avoided that action since and now I can’t remember it exactly.

Edit: I’ve had no problems significant enough to recall while in wired mode though.

I’ve also heard it said turning of vsync might work, I don’t like vsync off so I haven’t tried and I don’t see how it’s related.

I hope someone fixes this soon, it causes a few deaths already. I feel sorry for people in pvp as I imagine I’d be using key combos that would lock it up more often.

(edited by ZiN.9742)

Trismegistos.3046

They say it could be related to the high polling rate of the Razer Naga and other Logitech mice also with high polling rates.

hmm…. is there any way we can tweak this “polling rate” to fix it?

cause there is no official response yet on this,
so i just assume they are ignoring this issue.

is there anything we can do on our end?

ZiN.9742

I’ve changed my polling rate in my driver software, it’s an option. I’ve had no troubles since switching to 125. Note a solution but a work around maybe.

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

I am on a wired Logictec (Laser) running just the Win 7 drivers (not logictec ones) and have NEVER had this issue with any other games. But this bug happens so frequently here in GW2 (since last patch) I wont go out and WvW untill they fix it. It also did not occur before this last patch, so its the game client at fault here, not my system. If they don’t fix it soon I may have to leave the game. As its bairly playable currently, as it happens several times during a battle. It makes Jump Puzzles extremely challenging as well.

ZiN.9742

Aazo I’m curious to know your mouse model?

My issue happens fairly infrequently, with my poll rate set to 125 I played WvW all day without an issue. Then again, sometimes I’ll have several problems a day, sometimes I won’t notice it for a few days. I figured WvW would of caused at least the problem once, it mostly happened before during tough PvE battles.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

Please refer to the thread Here about this issue now.

This topic will now be locked, thanks for your contribution.

(edited by Moderator.9672)