Freyar.3254

Same problems for Gem purchases too.

can't buy GW2 using paypal?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I am really sorry that you’re having this problem, but thank you for the reports because they helped us note that PayPal is currently down. The whole team is alerted to this now, and we’ll get this addressed as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

Hi guys. I’m so sorry that you’ve run into this, but noting the times on your posts, I think you ran into a store maintenance period.

I believe you should be able to purchase now. Could you please try to do so and let me know? I don’t want to give the wrong information, so I’d appreciate any update you can give me.

Thanks.

Nope, still cannot finalize it through Paypal.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Freyar — you caught me adjusting my response. I had thought this was a maintenance period, but then realized this is not the day for that maintenance period.

Thank you for doing the test, though. It confirms that it’s still broken (as our internal posts also indicate).

The team is looking into this right now.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Freyar.3254

In the meantime I’ll try and get a pre-emptive clear for security.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Great, Freyar, good idea.

Also, I just got word that PayPal had some issues, but reports that it was fixed as of 10:15 PDT, which was one hour ago. Didn’t you try more recently than one hour ago?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Freyar.3254

Yes. My last post with the status was made right after I attempted it. Just a note, cards are having problems too, though that may also be security related.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

sigh It’s good to know these things, so thanks again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is anyone else experiencing the PayPal issue? We’d like to look into some individual cases so please post!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Doing a check — PayPal is clear. The issues are individual, and for everyone who has experienced a declined purchase, they need to contact PayPal to find out why.

Thanks for your patience as we investigated this!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Freyar.3254

I’m still betting it’s an issue with account security still since my cards aren’t working either and my Credit Union isn’t seeing attempts. I wish it weren’t so difficult to pay you guys. xD

Posted by: Hans.8301

Hans.8301

Same issues for me, I’m not able to buy gems besides my paypal account have enough credit (it doesnt even need to confirm a credit card) the error persists :S
kitten need to buy the last gems before Halloween ends!! hehe

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

I attempted to buy gems with a paypal account a few days ago, but the website never appeared. I alt-tabbed, opened my browser, then tried again and was successful. Good luck.

Freyar.3254

Already had my browser open for the forums here. Is there some known issue with Chrome?

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

It sounds like you are not from US and the edition might be the digital deluxe version. If you are not from US, it might be why the price is 89.98 ( it depends on your local tax and whatnot )

Also, are you using some sort of prepaid credit card ? I know sometimes those are varies and that might be why it is having problem.

Zaken.1806

You mentioned you have no last name and you put in your first name again ? I would check with your credit card company and see how they store the information regarding to name on the card.

Zaken.1806

Did you ever try to use paypal to buy it again ?

Zaken.1806

Let me PM you and see if you can get it to work this way.

Posted by: Ryouchan.3082

Ryouchan.3082

I too am unable to purchase the game with my credit, just tried several times and got the same “There was an error with your request” line every time. I’ve checked my information and I’m putting it in correctly. Maybe if I throw my money at the screen it’ll work?

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

hi, ive tried gw2 trial version and me and my brother fell inloved with it. now we plan to buy 2 accounts using 1 paypal account. Ive successfully bought 1 last april 21 but yesterday I wasnt able to buy another account using the same paypal account. Is there like a limit on how many accounts we can buy?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

hi, ive tried gw2 trial version and me and my brother fell inloved with it. now we plan to buy 2 accounts using 1 paypal account. Ive successfully bought 1 last april 21 but yesterday I wasnt able to buy another account using the same paypal account. Is there like a limit on how many accounts we can buy?

There is a system they have that blocks from using the same card/account too much for various purchases. Sometimes the system works against regular people too and not just stolen cards and identity theft. You can email arenanet or chat with the staff, it is a problem I have run into too.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

sorry im fairly new here. how can I email arenanet or chat wit the staff? Do they have a support email where I can send questions like these?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu