chances of getting Ban / Account termination

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BastionMY.6701

BastionMY.6701

I would like to apologize if this against the rules of the forum to discuss this but, i think it is only fair that we know what to avoid during gameplay. My brother got account termination for the second time in a week under the accusation of botting and macro which is very false since he has been a hardcore gamer for almost 11 years. I would not post here if i wasn’t out any ideas what to do. I read the T & C over and over for a few times now, still i don’t anything he did that was against the T & C. From the 1st time he got his Account terminated, he has been asking what he did so wrong that got him ban, ( he didnt bot or macro). All i see from his gameplay this week was doing map eploration for “Gift of Exploration” and farming gold thru event at curse shores to purchase Onyx Lodestone which is 2nd hardest to farm in game i think. I was planning to help him out with his legendary but i am afraid that i might end up like him getting account termination…….. when he is not botting or macro……. what did he do to warrant a ban. To be fair he doesn’t even knows what he did wrong, and so he and few guildies got account terminated. Yes they have submitted tickets to support but is it fair for us to know what to avoid and what not to do besides the things that are stated on you T & C and User Agreement.

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

Is that a perm ban..? I have got 2 friends who got a 3 days ban for farming at cs, and i myself even got banned in kessex hills for botting while doing the event repeatedly when the game released. There are so many people getting banned but usually is always 3 days temp, and of course they only reply after the 3 days insisting their data is correct and u r wrong.

Sorry ANet, speaking from my heart, dun “infract” me again. We, as gamers, do not like to be judge base on data, which we know, is definitely NOT 100% ACCURATE !!!

(edited by Grayson.2375)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The thing is, in theory anything can get you banned. The reason for that is that there could potentially be a way to exploit something, and whenever Anet would state ‘this won’t get you banned’, people would abuse it to get ‘under the radar’.

So the best response you’re gonna get will be ‘this is highly unlikely to get you banned’ and ‘if you didn’t do anything wrong, your account will be restored’.

It’s annoying, yes, but it’s the way they operate. They look to each situation on its own, as they do not want to create a set of rules that bots/players can then find loopholes in.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

There shouldn’t even be a chance of getting banned in error. What’s up with that? Can’t play without the fear of getting randomly banned for something that we not only didn’t do, but certainly hate. But at least customer support can help you. Just have to be patient.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

We are sorry to hear this. First and foremost we are offering our apologies. For those who have suspended accounts, please sed a ticket to support http://en.support.guildwars2.com/. They will be able to help you.
Regarding the issue, we are going to forward this thread to the team so they can have a look at it.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed.