character is dead --

character is dead --

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: John.6507

John.6507

game wants me to pay money to revive her —- she is broke, NOW WHAT ??

character is dead --

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

Ask for help in map chat to either ress you or send you a couple of s for waypoint.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

character is dead --

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’ve found that there’s always a nice person around who’ll do a res to get me going again. Could you please give that a try? Be patient — sometimes people are busy and don’t see the request, but if you ask nicely, I feel sure your character will soon be back on her feet!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

character is dead --

Posted by: NeglectedChild.7190

NeglectedChild.7190

This is an unfortunate situation, one that I had thought about since I encountered GW2’s system for reviving (paying for waypoint). Perhaps a suggestion would be in a case such as this where one could not afford the cost of revival, that a free port to that characters appropriate home city would be offered.

I’m sure it might be a lot to code however, and would only benefit extreme cases such as the OP’s – but for new players not accustomed to the system, I feel it would be more forgiving.

Anyway, OP, I hope someone revived you, as it has been ~5 hours since you posted.

character is dead --

Posted by: andiratyme.2634

andiratyme.2634

I thought at one time it was suggested and they were supposed to be making it so that the nearest waypoint would be free if you were dead and had no money. Did they remove this? Is this still the case? Was that beta only? Just curious.

character is dead --

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Nearest WP to where you died should be free. Let’s end the double jeopardy of repair bills AND WP costs on death.

I can understand using WP’s to travel costing money. But if you died and need to respawn at the closest location it should be free. You don’t charge for WP’s in dungeons.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

character is dead --

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

But I thought the nearest waypoint really is free in this kind of happenings.

Atleast, when I ran out of money I got free revive in nearest waypoint. o.0

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

character is dead --

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Don’t spend your last coppers?

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

character is dead --

Posted by: Vain.7643

Vain.7643

wtf? pay to revive? the more i read, the more discouraged i become! ~ still waiting for game to download been an hour already t_t

The real trouble with reality is that there’s no background music.

character is dead --

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Don’t worry Vain.

The situation the poster is in is…ludicrous.

You start the game with some money and in order to die for the first dozen levels you have to really try. Waypoint costs at that level are like 4 copper. So unless you are doing something silly like trying to get a level 1 character to the end of Orr….you will be perfectly fine.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

character is dead --

Posted by: Vain.7643

Vain.7643

Oh! that’s great to hear xD

The real trouble with reality is that there’s no background music.

character is dead --

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

But I thought the nearest waypoint really is free in this kind of happenings.

Atleast, when I ran out of money I got free revive in nearest waypoint. o.0

Correct. This is and has been the case. Thus OP’s issue is actually a non-issue.

character is dead --

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

There should be something to take the money out of your bank account (if you have any) or allow you to go negative and recover the “fee” as you get more money. Another option would be an auto respawn at your home city.

character is dead --

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are different concerns here:

(1) Being able to recover from death: When you die and have no money in inventory, you can use the nearest waypoint. If you have money in the bank, the cost will be deducted.

(2) Being poor and having to pay for WP & repair: Every new player is poor in game terms. Some will be poor for longer than others, depending on how they play the game. During this time, being forced to pay for anything is frustrating, regardless of whether there are good reasons for those costs.

Without more background, it’s hard to tell if the OP was having trouble only with the mechanics (1) or was frustrated with the costs (2).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

character is dead --

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

The situation is less severe than in real life but people should not be surprised that if they waste all their money they will be penalised.

Don’t be an idiot, save some money for waypoints and repairs. If you spend all your money on repairs then change the way you play, be defensive, play smart, this isn’t your standard MMO.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

character is dead --

Posted by: Herosandwich.6203

Herosandwich.6203

There should be something to take the money out of your bank account (if you have any) or allow you to go negative and recover the “fee” as you get more money. Another option would be an auto respawn at your home city.

if your character is broke, your waypoints will in fact, be deducted from your bank balance. a message will pop up indicating this.

character is dead --

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As some people before have suggested…
- If your character dies and has no money, money will be deducted from your bank to pay for the WP travel
- If your character dies, has no money, and your bank is devoid of money, your WP travel is free

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

character is dead --

Posted by: magdalenasins.1027

magdalenasins.1027

Don’t ever get stuck selling stuff on BLTP.

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

Penny Larceny – Ruins of Surmia – Lazy Commander