commander tag refund?

commander tag refund?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I believe I read that players who purchased more than 1 commander tag initially would be refunded the 100g (extra) for each subsequent tag they purchased. I have yet to receive this refund—is their an NPC we are supposed to talk to or do I need to submit a ticket for this?

Also, please correct me if I am getting my facts wrong.

[SoF]

commander tag refund?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I believe I read that players who purchased more than 1 commander tag initially would be refunded the 100g (extra) for each subsequent tag they purchased. I have yet to receive this refund—is their an NPC we are supposed to talk to or do I need to submit a ticket for this?

Also, please correct me if I am getting my facts wrong.

More than 3 tags is where the refund kicks in. If you bought 3 or less, you don’t get a refund.

They will be mailing the refunds if you qualify.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/So-commander-refund/first#post4381169

Server: Devona’s Rest

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Correct. For those who purchased and consumed more than three (that is, 4 or more) Commander Compendiums, a refund will have been automatically processed this morning.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Gaile: I have no refund at all (no mail). Yet i had 5 commander tags. Does that mean the two day ‘get refund out’-deadline has passed, and i should write a ticket?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

commander tag refund?

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Gaile, this is uncool.

How does the purchase of 4 or more commander tags elicit a refund, but 2 does not? How is reimbursement from one scenario more fair than the other?

Guild Wars 2 has an upstanding history of reimbursing players who are left short-changed by way of a game update, and I don’t think this should be an exception to that long-running standard.

This is especially irksome for people who paid cash through the Gem Store in order to get the gold to buy an commander tag for another character on their account.

I hope you guys will reconsider your position on this. 100 gold means a lot to me, and “fair” means a lot to all of us.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

commander tag refund?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Gaile, this is uncool.

How does the purchase of 4 or more commander tags elicit a refund, but 2 does not? How is reimbursement from one scenario more fair than the other?

Guild Wars 2 has an upstanding history of reimbursing players who are left short-changed by way of a game update, and I don’t think this should be an exception to that long-running standard.

This is especially irksome for people who paid cash through the Gem Store in order to get the gold to buy an commander tag for another character on their account.

I hope you guys will reconsider your position on this. 100 gold means a lot to me, and “fair” means a lot to all of us.

If you bought 1 tag, you just got a 200g discount on your next purchase (which you won’t have to make).

If you bought 2 tags, you just got a 100g discount on your next purchase (which you also will never have to make).

If you bought 3 tags, you didn’t get a discount, but you also got unlimited “free” tags on all your other characters.

If you bought 4 or more tags, you spent 100g or more than everyone else and are thus entitled to a refund.

Server: Devona’s Rest

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Sookie.6580

Sookie.6580

I’d have to agree with ClaraFee.2579. It seems a disservice to penalize obviously active and dedicated players who went ahead and purchased multiple tags for multiple toons by not allowing them to benefit in the same way that anyone else who had purchased compendiums prior to the patch did.

“I knew my parents hated me, my bath toys were an iron and a toaster”

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’d have to agree with ClaraFee.2579. It seems a disservice to penalize obviously active and dedicated players who went ahead and purchased multiple tags for multiple toons by not allowing them to benefit in the same way that anyone else who had purchased compendiums prior to the patch did.

People who got 4 tags prior to the patch were not given 400 g back. They were given 100 g. Because 400 g – 300 g is 100 g.

They got the difference between what they paid and what it would cost them to get it after the patch.

What you and Clara are asking is for you guys to have to pay more for the usage of your tags on more than 1 or 2 characters. Because your difference would entitle ANet to more of your gold.

If anything those who bought 3 or more should be up in arms that those who bought 1 or 2 tags before the patch got to pay less.

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I can see this from both sides.

Proposal: Anet gives those that had multiple tags PRIOR to the annoucment an exclusive tag color for each extra tag they had.

Don’t know if this is even possible, but it would provide for some sort of “exclusive” recognition of those that bought tags before it became a rush to buy after the announcement.

To be honest, this entire situation has made commander tags an even bigger joke than they used to be. I’m not saying that to insult legitimate and good Commanders, but if I can afford 100g and get a tag as easy as I did, the system to OBTAIN them is flat out broken. I have no qualifications to enable my tag and no real reason to have bought one, but I DID because it was a “deal”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

commander tag refund?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

All distributions have been made. If you believe you were shorted, you’re welcome to submit a ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet