computer literally shuts down when I play

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ryah.4538

Ryah.4538

So I decided to play gw2 again since we have a desktop now that blows my crappy laptop out of the water but since I installed and patched this morning I cant say if it was a recent patch or what that’s not meshing with my system. It shuts down with no warning. Almost like it was unplugged. Start it back up and it seemed fine. Run all my system tools looking for issues on my end and nothing. No error reports on forced shutdown by windows. It only happens when the game is running. I tried all visual setting too. I play for about 10 min tops and it shuts down. I have 7 vents and fans on this desk top so overheating isn’kitten not to mention I have an alarm that goes off if the temp gets too high and no other games cause this issue. When I do play the game it runs rather fluidly on high visual settings.
I attached my DxDiag.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ryah.4538

Ryah.4538

I just Tried RIFT and the same thing happened…. think my power supply maybe the culprit after some reading on other sites… if any one else had this problem and fixed it let me know. I sure appreciate your time. This wasn’t happening yesterday.

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

have been having same thing hapening on a new computer i just bought this week: not overheat, max temp anything cpu or gpu is getting up to is 69C…

power supply is 850W for a single GPU (GTX 780) so i dunno?

anyone know how u can tell if its your PSU thats failing?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

oh cpuid shows both of my 12V rails reading about 8.5V im guessing thats the problem then?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

Turn off shaders as low as possible. This worked for me, although i dont have the issue in any other game.

Posted by: Sorce Force.9138

Sorce Force.9138

Same issue here. The Game turns off my PC. AND IT’S NOT HEAT PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it’s not hardware problem.
I was able to run the game perfectly few months ago.
But now when i loged after few months my PC shuts down while playing the game.
I try putting all sttings to minimum still dont help.
And I see this thread all over the Internet with no real and honest answer form ArenNet.
All they say is clean your PC (… or buy new ).
At least ArenaNet can tell evry1 its not their foult and admit its mistakes.
So many ppl have this same problem and NO ANSWER FORM ANET ccccc…..
Is it harmfull for PC to turn off like that??
How is it possible?
Is it some virus maybe??
Telll mEEEEEEE I wanna knoww !!!!!