connection errors detected

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jaxxal.4365

Jaxxal.4365

Just curious as to why this wasn’t tested before being released?
It’s great we can add -StreamingClient, not so great that we can’t download the update 30k when I can download at 2-3mb is dismal and the patch freezes anyway at 99%?

Posted by: R Dent.6349

R Dent.6349

I had no problems installing the patch but when i try to start the game, the whole system is like freezing, everything goes very slow and the game won’t start. And above all, now when I check my task manager I can see a beauty of “lic.exe” running (it runs right from the restart of the OS, not only when I try to run the game). This “lic.exe” is not a virus is just part of the CygWin application that came with the new patch. I have no intention to mix my WinOS with any Linux/Unix files and if I ever want to do that I prefer to do it myself and not through some “third party” software.
Anyway, the game doesn’t start and i’ll probably have to wait till the next fix and, maybe they’ll try to make that “lic.exe” to run only during the game session.

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

40 kb/sec… again… I let this crap run overnight…

I will see what gonna happen…

#I no words have"

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Been stuck on 99% since the patch initiated…

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Posted by: Donkeynizer.9250

Donkeynizer.9250

I have 1 file remaining to download, and it’s been downloading for 30 minutes now -__-

Same here!! It’s been downloading that one file ever since!! Requesting immediate assistance here!!

Posted by: Rootz.6270

Rootz.6270

My 152mbit is downloading at a ridicules speed of 500 kb/s and connection errors all over the place

sigh

Posted by: Kahald.4398

Kahald.4398

Got it to 99%, then it finished, then launcher started flashing like there’s no tomorrow, i closed it (as it finished downloading anyway), restarted the launcher… It started downloading 1 file (ONE FILE) and it is like that for 3h now. Download speed is 20-30KB/sec. I’m getting really annoyed. Such an experienced company with such a problems years after release… not to mention, it was supposed to be just an update, right? Not a biggy. Yet, there’s NOTHING we hear from Anet/Ncsoft about what’s going on… Just a post from like 4h ago saying its because so many people download (which obviously isn’t the case). WELL DONE! Excellent customer service guys!

Posted by: Donkeynizer.9250

Donkeynizer.9250

A normal download of 2mb/s is now being reduced to 500 kb/s and stuck at that one file since ages! Should I leave it for the night? Or close and restart?

Posted by: Jaxxal.4365

Jaxxal.4365

-assetsrv 62.154.232.187:80
Just added this instead of ‘-StreamingClient’ and it flashed through and is now sorted…i think!
Hope it works for all of you!

(edited by Jaxxal.4365)

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

its bugged for sure.
on this PC I downloaded approx. 1gb update.
the other pc has downloaded nearly 2gb now and still stuck at 99%

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

I wanna know what is the size of the left 1 file????

I closed and re-opened my client when I got onto the final file… Currently the last file is 891mb and rising. The main issue (for me) is the download speed seems to fluctuate massively once it hits this file.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

99%. Connection errors – retrying. Download speed is now crawling.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: murdergore.8139

murdergore.8139

I have the same problem been stuck at initializing for a good hour then i get connection error detected I have posted on three different post none of the fixes posted are working. another fine buggy release by our friends at anet

Posted by: xaniane.3064

xaniane.3064

I’m having the exact same problem. Makes me sick if I watch it, so I tried leaving it for the whole day while I was at College and came back home and nothing!