directx 9?

directx 9?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TenAngryDwarfs.3687

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

hello, when i start my guild wars 2 client it plays fine but for some reason i think after my windows update the other night my screen is a lower resolution and im stuck with 2 black bars on the side of my screen. Then when i go to change it back to my orignal resolution i had 2 nights ago my game freezes along with my laptop in which i then have to restart. i was able i start task manager on my laptop and a popup came up saying something like i have an outdated video driver and something about direct x9. i would have clicked the link provided on the pop up but my laptop was still frozen kind of. and by that i mean i can move my mouse which still appears to be the guild wars 2 game mouse but i cannot click on anything. I can still play the game buy it is very annoying because the screen is so small, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

Heres a picture of the popup..

Attachments:

directx 9?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried installing DirectX 9 again, and reverting to your previous graphics card driver?

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

I tried installing directx 9 again but it said it was only available on older versions of windows if im not mistken. And i dont know how to revert to my previous graphics card driver. Im not to good with laptops.

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

My brother looked at something on it and he said my laptop is basically restricting itself.

directx 9?

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Try the offline (full) DX9 installer – the online installer doesn’t always work right with newer versions of Windows:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

I will try that when i get home from work and post the results

directx 9?

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

What are the specifications of your laptop? This can happen on some lower end GPUs that don’t support the game fully.

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

i just bought a decent gaming laptop that ran the game flawless before this happened. just one day it started happening so i assume its not my laptop.
here is my exact laptop though.
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-573G-15-6-Inch-GeForce-Windows/dp/B012IBOCRU/ref=sr_1_1/182-6028856-4817627?ie=UTF8&qid=1459459128&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+aspire+e5-573g

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

directx 9 download did not help. Thinking about taking my laptop to geek squad haha i dont even know anymore.

directx 9?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you try rolling back your drivers?

I don’t know about Win10, but something like:

Control Panel – Device Manager – Display Adapters – Properties – ‘Roll Back Driver’

Good luck.

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

yeah they wont roll back or update i think there just up to date

directx 9?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you considered contacting the Tech CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance?

Again, good luck.

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

Yes i was just about to get to that actually. Thanks !

directx 9?

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Don’t take it to Dorksquad those guys are over priced morons, try doing a complete system restore from a preveuse restore point. I’m not sure how to do this on Windows 10 but Google it or maybe someone will post how to do this

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

directx 9?

TenAngryDwarfs.3687

Wow. I should have done that to begin with.. it worked and it seems to be an update on adobe that did it for some reason. Thanks for the help guys!

directx 9?

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Good to here you got it fixed, yes Dorksquad would have told you you needed a new motherboard, that’s there responce for every computer issue!

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens