email changed without permission of owner

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DEVASTATION.5890

DEVASTATION.5890

Q:

my mate has got an email saying
Someone has requested to change the e-mail address associated with your Guild Wars account. The next time you log in to your account, please use the new e-mail address.

If you didn’t request this change, please contact the Guild Wars Support Team immediately.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Sincerely,

The Guild Wars Support Team HE DID NOT CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS SUPPORT PLEASE HELP HIM

(edited by DEVASTATION.5890)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

He has to contact support. No one on the forum can help him. He doesn’t need to log into the forum to do this.

To contact support:
Top of page:support. Top of page:submit. Request.

DEVASTATION.5890

do the support team work on weekends as my best mate has been waiting for a reply since Friday night

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes. The CS Team works 24/7/365.

If your friend has not received the almost immediate automated reply, you might direct him to the Sticky above, ‘Not Getting Our Emails?’.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

They do have a lot of tickets to work through, so it’s normal to not receive a non-automated message from them right away as well.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

DEVASTATION.5890

ok cheers ill tell him

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’ve merged the two threads you created, but you deleted your initial post, so this is probably quite confusing to forum members.

The e-mail that your friend received is the one that we send to the old e-mail address when someone has changed the log-in name (Account Name / E-mail address) to a new one.

This indicates your friend’s account has been compromised and he needs to submit a ticket by clicking “Support” at the top of this page and then clicking the “Submit a request” option.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet