error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: themightygin.6872

themightygin.6872

Just adding my name to the list.
I bought and installed the game yesterday and enjoyed a few good hours of gameplay but when I try to play this morning the whole world is frozen, I can’t interact with anything or cast any spells After a few minutes of that I get d/c with the 7:11:3:189:101 error.

I was really enjoying that game, I feel a bit like I have wasted my money and wondering why the problem hasn’t even been acknowledged yet.

Posted by: KAJIMARU.3108

KAJIMARU.3108

Had the same problem last night over and over again i was able to play for for 3 to 5 minutes before i got disconnected i checked my port and make sure my firewall wasn’t blocking the application but nothing seem to work.

After a while i used my VPN connection (from StrongVPN) and i was able to stay connected i don’t know why but it seem to work for me last night.

Posted by: ogreatbeardedone.1953

ogreatbeardedone.1953

I may have a solution for many who are having problems. I too have lately begun to have this issue and at first thought was due to latest patch. It happened only in WvW and only when got to a skirmish. It didn’t matter how large of a fight either, just a couple other players around me and major lag then disconnect. Here is what I found.

While running www.pingtest.net I found I was losing packets and having high jitter. My problem only surfaces it seems between 9pm and midnight. I’ve had this problem in other games also in the past but usually it entailed a total loss of internet.

With Fall upon us there are larger temperature changes which affect lines. I’m on cable myself and everytime I start to notice a problem it has turned out to be a line problem. This usually involves me getting the cable company out here until they can make it during one of the ‘problem’ times and ‘discount’ it may be on my end. They do this because in most cases they can charge you if problem is after gets to your house and it costs them if have to track down the line problem.

Some causes of this are: loose or corroded connection, insulation cracks allowing moisture into the lines and faulty signal boosters. All these things are leading to your house and not inside. These are caused by aged equipment, storms, heat and cold causing expansion and contractions or even a rodent chewing something they shouldn’t.

If you have this problem sometimes during the day but not others I suggest you immediately do a test at www.pingtest.net and be sure to try at least a few different servers as sometimes the testing server is having the problems(especially the Atlanta one). I play from the US but on EU server and usually conduct a test to Frankfurt, Germany also and one time it was all German servers having problem but my local and Ireland and UK all gave back good information.

If you don’t have problem only at certain times during the day, or not around to know (like work mornings and afternoons and only play at night or something) this will still let you know if problem could be ISP or game. Also, do the test sometime when everything is WORKING. This will give you a base idea of what you should be seeing as far as packet loss(which should always be ZERO) ping times and line jitter(think static on a radio)

Posted by: Snuggles.2630

Snuggles.2630

Just throwing in my post here, since this STILL hasn’t been fixed. Since day 1 of head start I’ve had this issue on and off depending on the patch.

I do not have a firewall nor antivirus so this is not a connection issue on my side. I have absolutely no problems streaming data from various sources. My room mate who plays on the SAME INTERNET I have does not experience this issue.

I have tried -repair, I have tried reinstalling completely, I have tried direct connection (although un-necessary given that my room mate can play fine), I have tried everything.

This is an issue with either the servers or the game itself incorrectly capable of streaming data (I suspect the second more-so than the first, given that people have had rather odd fixes such as streaming data while game is running, reformatting windows, etc).

For reference I play from within the US. California to be more precise. I am running windows 7 x64, an nvidia graphics card, and I am connected to the internet via a cable modem.

Please, please, please at least ADDRESS this issue. I’m tired of barely hearing anything about this despite this huge thread.

Posted by: Eskaton.8104

Eskaton.8104

+1 for the Spotify solution. Can’t believe I’ve been messing around with stuff all day and this is what works…

Posted by: pamelakd.3107

pamelakd.3107

Attaching mine, as since yesterday I have been having constant disconnects and connection issues.

Attachments:

Posted by: zeroxdelta.3749

zeroxdelta.3749

Im playing from Alberta, Canada and NA servers in Henge of Denravi.

Mine just gets disconnected randomly, between 2 – 15 minutes. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, doing quests, my story line or just going AFK. Usually happens around night time, I guess because there’s more people playing.

This is what I noticed, when gw2.exe is running, I get the disconnect problem. And this is NOT just getting DC in game, I lose connection to my home router thus, losing connection to the internet. I did a simple continuous ping test from my computer to my home router (which is my default gateway). And just so you guys know, my home network setup is very simple ; a wireless home router that is connected to the internet.

After around 2 hours of testing (1 hour yesterday and 1 hour today) as I had the same issues yesterday, this is what I noticed:

1. My pings to the router is 100% successful, when I’m NOT running GW2. I was also constantly checking my internet connection and it was working pretty good.
2. Okay now, I run the game, play for a couple minutes, then BOOM. I alt-tab right away to check my pings, then I saw that I can’t ping my router for some reason “Timed Out” or “Destination Unreachable”. Then when I alt-tab back in game, I’m already disconnected “Error 7”. I try checking internet connection using a browser, but its NOT working coz duh, I can’t ping the router.
3. Around 5-10 seconds after I exit my GW2, pings get through again, I check internet connection, and it works.
4. I try to run GW2 again, then same thing happens, over and over.
5. While I was doing this “test” on my gaming laptop, I was also trying to do a continuous ping test from my work laptop, just to see if my game laptop is the only one that gets disconnected. But a big NO. Everytime my game laptop loses connection, my work laptop loses connection to the router as well (pings dont go through). So what a bummer!

So now… hmmm…. for some reason, I dont know about the others, but for me, running GW2 seems to wreck the connection between all the computers in my house to the router. So maybe, GW2 is impacting the router for some reason.

Why dont you guys try doing a ping test and see if you lose connection to your router? Just to see if maybe I’m the only one having this issue.

:p

So since I haven’t been able to stay on for more than like 2 minutes since the servers went down last night I’m posting again. I also did the ping test thing and yeah, everything is fine until I launch gw2 and then it starts to fail the pinging to the router. It almost immediately reconnects and I can open websites again even if gw2 stays up but gw2 gives me the 7 error, sometimes 14, 58, and 42(?) not sure about the numbers since those are way more rare. For example Trillian also disconnects but once i close out gw2 it reconnects and this only happens while gw2 is up. I’ve tried every solution people have given but none of them works.

Hi

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

Yeah spotify didn’t help at all for me :\

Posted by: pajamieez.4532

pajamieez.4532

None of the offered solutions work. I’m gonna reinstall my operating system. I’ll tell ya how it goes. As a side note, while Guild Wars 2 is one, during it’s lagged state. Online comes to a halt. In fact, at one point, I lost connection with the internet and had to close the game, thus enabling the internet again.

Posted by: Hyogh Yimsko.8961

Hyogh Yimsko.8961

Just opened a ticket for this. I am also from California on a cable modem wired directly to the router. Without any firewall or memory errors or corrupt files?? or any problems with other mmo games. I have tried everything I was playing the game for a couple hours when the problem started it would disconnect me with error=7:11:4:189:101 within a minute or two. I took a break after about 6 or 7 times figurting it would fix itself.

Then when I came on I decided it might be fixed or stop doing it and went in a dungion and ended up disconnecting several dozen times and at the end they came out on the final boss I disconnected and could not enter when they were outside of it when I reconnected.

I have had it with this game they better be on top of fixing this or something catastrophic like the moon will fall into the earth…..

Posted by: Suicidal Hamster.4816

Suicidal Hamster.4816

i have been playing since beta with very little issue. its been very stable for me since release except for today. today i validate my email and now i am disconnected every 10 min. the game is unplayable in this state as i cant even finish my story instances, i get reset back to the start of them.

i am from Canada but i play on the EU servers with Vabbi as my homeworld. i expect a certain amount of latency and connection issues because of this but today i have been disconnected about 50 times without exaggeration. from release to today i might have been DC’d once before this.

the game is unplayable and i am a very unsatisfied customer at this point.

Posted by: Hyogh Yimsko.8961

Hyogh Yimsko.8961

I just rebooted after reset the winsock. Will see if it worked after I post this.

Edit: STILL BROKE Most games would be fixed after simple command line ipconfig /flushdns. I will just leave it to support for now and this dont look to good at all.

Okay so after reading and trying to fix, by fixing the problem I mean ending up in the game for 20 seconds and your skills dont cast but stick about to cast ending up with the error code back at the character choice screen. Everyone in game seems to think its my connection and not the game.

Not sure yet how to make my router host my connection to this pc in DMZ but it might be my next option. My service provider is Time Warner Road Runner Turbo Speed Boost. I am smart enough not to bother them with this. A hacker has also stolen my email earlier this week by steeling the password used on this game. After I logged in on my level 20 character it had buffs and moved to a merchant in the charr city but nothing was missing on it. This hacker was able to change my email password so that I could not change my game password after it got stolen and this happened while I was playing. It was saying another character was being used and disconnected me until I could not log in. My email provider had to reset it for me. Not sure yet whether or not a DMZ would make it more or less easy for them to hack? Here is the attackers address I got 4 emails of it.

A log-in attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 118.250.119.46
City: Changshahsien
Region: 11

I have leveled that 20 engineer on the America Jade Quarry server to level 60 since the attack last Monday.

(edited by Hyogh Yimsko.8961)

Posted by: AlpineFlame.7058

AlpineFlame.7058

Just another brick in the wall. Played since BWE2, and have had no issues until about this week. It keeps getting worse, and is now at the unplayable point. It kicks every two to three minutes, up from five to ten a few days ago. Hoping for a solution here soon.

pajamieez.4532

I opened a support ticket, and the guy told me that it’s my ISP’s fault. I asked my friend to come over with his laptop to connect to my network and low and behold, I was able to play. My account worked on other PC’s and my games all ran fine, but the support ticket guy kept telling me I was losing packets before reaching the ArenaNet severs over some ping plotter results. I just finished wiping my Windows 7 install and currently downloading/installing the game. I’ll let you know tomorrow if it’s working.

Posted by: V ortex.6254

V ortex.6254

I am also having this error, except it’s not after a specific amount of gameplay. It’s sporadic, but when I change zone it will immediately come up and say ‘lost connection to the game servers bla bla’ with this error code. I try to log back in, get to the character select, press play and same thing – instantly tells me it’s lost connection. Funny thing is, I can use my other characters just fine – it’s just the one that changed zones that has this issue.

Posted by: Odrahn.8407

Odrahn.8407

I’m feeling lazy and opted to not read through all 12 pages of posts, but has anyone tried ipconfig /release /renew and /dnsflush? I just wonder if dns cache poisoning could be a possible cause of this issue.

Posted by: Apheidas.8613

Apheidas.8613

Opened up GW2 yesterday after just getting internet, it installed whatever patch came out recently and when I tried to log in it just hung at the zone loading screen. About 20-30 seconds later I would get this error code. I managed to get it a couple of times but mostly was kicked straight after. My friend in the room next door has no problems at all running the game and can even play my account fine on his computer. I’ve tried a bunch of fixes and the only one that got me in (but lagging bad while in combat) was the wtfast.com thing. I really don’t want to pay just to play a game I’ve all ready paid for. I’m trying the reinstall of the game and then trying a skype call or something running while playing see if these do anything. Guild Wars 2 is the only game I can’t play online with this connection I have.
I’m on the european server far shiverpeaks but transfered to ring of fire in an attempt to sort this. Trying to load in any zone doesn’t work.

Posted by: Aridion.3057

Aridion.3057

I didn’t have this issue until Friday evening. Played till 11pm CST pretty much every evening since launch of head start with zero issues. I have tried a lot of the fixes that were posted in here before Anet quit even responding to it…looks like they figure if they don’t look at it the issue goes away.

I spent over an hour on the phone with my ISP yesterday we did tests on the internet speeds from and to servers all over the US and not a single issue came up from or to any of them. I think we did one server for every major city in the US it seemed like. I’m pretty well confident that it’s not my ISP.

I haven’t been able to stay connected due to this 7:11:3:189:101 error for two days now, tried off an on after the call. I refuse to reinstall the game completely or worse yet mess with reinstalling my operating system to try and fix something that I’m pretty sure is on Anet’s end considering I’ve had zero issues with any other games or activities outside of the GW2 world.

I’ll check here in the tech forums once per day, but I’m done with GW2 until Anet posts their fix for the issue. I loved playing the game, but can’t do that with this error. I’m really disappointed since without GW2 I’ll probably by MoP and check out their challenge mode dungeons for entertainment.

Posted by: Steelmane.9705

Steelmane.9705

I’m having the same problem.

I’ve been playing daily with no issues at all. After the latest patch, it’s happening constantly. 1-2 minutes after logging in. When I get the error, it takes me back to the character select screen.

Here is my diag

Attachments:

Posted by: Coraliine.1597

Coraliine.1597

I’m having this exact same problem.

Cora Staalvoss – 80 Guardian
Born of Indecision [BORN] Guild Leader
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

pajamieez.4532

Reinstalling the operating system didn’t work. I don’t know what to do. My friend brought his laptop over to test the network and he was able to get on. I was able to log in and use my charater. I’m just getting kicked out now.

Posted by: Sven.7514

Sven.7514

I can’t even get past the character select creen now due to this exact error 7:11:3:189:101. Please help AN. I love your game!

pajamieez.4532

I think I found the problem. How many of you have dual monitor setups?!

Posted by: GuyWithCake.5146

GuyWithCake.5146

I keep getting error
7:11:3:189:101
or
another one in 3000s I post that next time I get it.

/ip Server IP : 64.25.38.84 and my story mode goes to 64.25.38.219 both crash

Posted by: Sven.7514

Sven.7514

Only one monitor. Ive done everything I can think of to fix this problem and nothing has worked.

Posted by: GuyWithCake.5146

GuyWithCake.5146

/ip Server IP: 64.25.38.115 just crashed with Error Code: 14:4:5:919:101 .. Does anyone have information on how they format these errors so I can fix it myself if it is my problem?

Posted by: Akroma.7392

Akroma.7392

3032:1002:3:4095:101

Game sometimes is playable for long periods of time but has become unplayable now, happens every 2-5 minutes. Opened up ports 80, 6112, 6600, and 443 on router, still happens. On a wireless g modem not too far away from it, both router and adapter are linksys.

No antivirus running while the game is running.

Full system scan with malwarebytes showed nothing.

Did the /clientport80 thing an IT WORKED.

Or at least, has been working. I will play for the day and see what happens.

UPDATE: NOPE happened again. Before it was happening in instances for personal story, now its happening in WVW. Lasted a while though.

(edited by Akroma.7392)

Posted by: Cross.5207

Cross.5207

I am having same issues. Bought and instaled game yesterday, it worked fine untill today. Keept getting freezed and booted.

Posted by: Akroma.7392

Akroma.7392

Are you guys on Cox Internet Cable?

Seems to be dropping packets like crazy:

Computing statistics for 125 seconds…
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 Luke-PC.oc.cox.net [192.168.1.113]
0/ 25 = 0% |
1 1ms 0/ 25 = 0% 0/ 25 = 0% 192.168.1.1
0/ 25 = 0% |
2 —- 25/ 25 =100% 25/ 25 =100% 10.72.32.1
0/ 25 = 0% |
3 13ms 0/ 25 = 0% 0/ 25 = 0% ip68-4-14-221.oc.oc.cox.net [68.4.14.221]
0/ 25 = 0% |
4 10ms 1/ 25 = 4% 1/ 25 = 4% ip68-4-11-62.oc.oc.cox.net [68.4.11.62]
0/ 25 = 0% |
5 13ms 0/ 25 = 0% 0/ 25 = 0% ip68-4-11-20.oc.oc.cox.net [68.4.11.20]
0/ 25 = 0% |
6 12ms 0/ 25 = 0% 0/ 25 = 0% ip68-4-11-94.oc.oc.cox.net [68.4.11.94]
0/ 25 = 0% |
7 25ms 5/ 25 = 20% 5/ 25 = 20% langbprj01-ae1.rd.la.cox.net [68.1.1.13]
0/ 25 = 0% |
8 15ms 0/ 25 = 0% 0/ 25 = 0% xe-8-0-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net [4.53.230.1]
1/ 25 = 4% |
9 17ms 2/ 25 = 8% 1/ 25 = 4% vlan80.csw3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.190]
0/ 25 = 0% |
10 16ms 1/ 25 = 4% 0/ 25 = 0% ae-83-83.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.137.41]
4/ 25 = 16% |
11 78ms 5/ 25 = 20% 0/ 25 = 0% 4.69.132.82
0/ 25 = 0% |
12 78ms 5/ 25 = 20% 0/ 25 = 0% ae-81-81.csw3.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.138]
0/ 25 = 0% |
13 84ms 5/ 25 = 20% 0/ 25 = 0% ae-82-82.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.153]
0/ 25 = 0% |
14 155ms 7/ 25 = 28% 2/ 25 = 8% ae-42-42.ebr2.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.137.53]
0/ 25 = 0% |
15 167ms 10/ 25 = 40% 5/ 25 = 20% ae-46-46.ebr1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.143.137]
0/ 25 = 0% |
16 168ms 5/ 25 = 20% 0/ 25 = 0% ae-61-61.csw1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.2]
5/ 25 = 20% |
17 164ms 10/ 25 = 40% 0/ 25 = 0% ae-1-60.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.10]
0/ 25 = 0% |
18 168ms 10/ 25 = 40% 0/ 25 = 0% 195.16.161.58
0/ 25 = 0% |
19 —- 25/ 25 =100% 15/ 25 = 60% 206-127-157-86.plaync.com [206.127.157.86]
0/ 25 = 0% |
20 174ms 10/ 25 = 40% 0/ 25 = 0% p4-23-c0-ncdc-pub.plaync.net [206.127.158.1]

This was run from their -diag command

The last jump is to arena net, the #/25 is how many packets out of 25 were dropped, sometimes as you can see 25/25 packets were dropped.

Posted by: Amorale.4176

Amorale.4176

Playing simultaneously with my wife on Gunnar’s Hold. Both PCs connected to the same router. I am in Plains of Ashford(Charr territory) and have a delay ranging from 3 to 30 seconds, my wife plays in Brisban Wildlands lag free. Also while i lag, i can freely operate TP lag free.

Posted by: kaminsky.6541

kaminsky.6541

this video sloved my problem!
try it out

Apheidas.8613

This is a trace I just ran. I managed to log in but then it lagged out straight away and I couldn’t talk/spell cast/fight. Disconnected about a minute later. The time outs started as soon as my character logged in. The IP is the server I’m on. Managed to pull it up when I used the wtfast program someone suggested.

C:\Users\UserProfile>tracert 206.127.146.56

Tracing route to 206-127-146-56.plaync.com [206.127.146.56]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.29.225
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.40.52
3 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 109.239.87.225
4 14 ms 11 ms 13 ms 172.20.64.49
5 10 ms 9 ms 11 ms int-core-thm-gig-48.networkflow.com [217.20.31.1
62]
6 8 ms 10 ms 9 ms int-core-north-t-1-52.networkflow.com [217.20.31
.113]
7 14 ms 11 ms 10 ms interroute-north-p-4.networkflow.com [217.20.31.
118]
8 12 ms 9 ms 9 ms 82.147.4.9
9 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms te2-2.cr1-sov.uk.6dg.co.uk [217.10.157.137]
10 39 ms 35 ms 33 ms ge-6-17.car1.London1.Level3.net [212.113.8.137]

11 19 ms 10 ms 13 ms ae-52-52.csw2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.139.120]

12 17 ms 10 ms 8 ms ae-59-224.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.153.141]

13 22 ms 20 ms 22 ms ae-23-23.ebr2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.148.19
4]
14 25 ms 24 ms 19 ms ae-72-72.csw2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.22
]
15 18 ms 19 ms 18 ms ae-2-70.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.74
]
16 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms 195.16.161.58
17 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms 206-127-157-86.plaync.com [206.127.157.86]
18 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms 206-127-157-102.plaync.com [206.127.157.102]
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Posted by: AlpineFlame.7058

AlpineFlame.7058

I’ve noted something odd here. A question, if you will permit me. Do any of the rest of you getting this error run steam on your systems? I noticed that this seems to aggravate the issue.

EDIT: Clarification. Just running steam in online mode.

(edited by AlpineFlame.7058)

Apheidas.8613

Do you mean running Guild Wars 2 through steam or just running it while running Guild Wars 2?

Posted by: zardonino.5908

zardonino.5908

I have dual monitor setup, what did you find out? Please share!

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Ok so I finally tried what other people have been suggesting. After a week of this problem and nothing working, I JUST tried setting a torrent file to download at 30-60 KB/s, not fast enough to slow anything down.

And guess what. IT WORKS. 5 minutes ago, the game was unplayable. I tried to lay an aoe field, the button just flashed for 4 minutes, then I got kicked. After setting the download I was instantly able to play with no lag problems.

Its an annoying solution but if any of you have files you want to download but have been avoiding doing it during the day so you don’t disrupt your gw2 and other internet usage, just set it to a low download speed.

ANet, please please get on this. I just want to play my guild wars. We need a response and soon

Posted by: Afuna.1572

Afuna.1572

I have the same issue exactly and ut seems its only getting worse as time progresses.
Would love an official response ASAP…

Posted by: Seven.3902

Seven.3902

I am also getting this code randomly but i am able to play 30 or more minutes to hours before it happens. The thing that pisses me off is that like some of you it is kicking out my internet connection and not just while the game is running, I mean it completely kills my internet connection for Hours. Reseting router, nothing works for hours, I go to sleep or go and do aother things, and come back and it is working again.

Yesterday from about 3:00 pm centeral time until now it has been out. This seems to happen at the same times between 2-4 pm when it happens.

Posted by: zeroxdelta.3749

zeroxdelta.3749

I fixed it, but the solution was buying and running a 50 foot cat6 cable from the router to my room lol dont think that counts as a real solution though

Hi

Posted by: Blackhawk.7610

Blackhawk.7610

GW2 is a great game, but this error 7 keeps me from really getting into it and enjoying the experience. WvW works for several minutes or more but frequently boots me off in the middle of a battle. Also happens in pve when i’m in the middle of an event.

At lower level this was just a inconvenience but not it prevents me from doing anything with a group of people because i’ll just get dc, and it prevents me from doing instanced quests that are longer then three minutes.

Very frustrating, please fix this issue because I want to play this fantastic game.

Posted by: Marikurisato.6413

Marikurisato.6413

I’ve had this error pretty constantly for three days now, regardless of the time. Disabling/enabling the firewall, the net security software, adding port forwarding, creating a new shortcut, doing a firmware upgrade and rebooting the cable modem + router and still every 5 minutes or so it’s error code 7:11:3:189:101

playing since BWE2, and it was fine until just a few days ago. It’s disheartening to see no ANET replies after the first few pages.

Andy.2548

from 8-9pm i have yet to be able to log in for more than 5 seconds, no exaggeration. This happens everday and ill be lucky to get 30min-1 hour of gameplay without a dc..like EXTREMELY LUCKY. Anet needs to get theirkitten over here and respond back already WITH SOMETHING. Sick of this silent treatment bullkitten, im ready to vent for 10 more pageskitten I understand their being bugs and whatnot since its releases recently but not being able to even play the game? Really?

Posted by: zipstacrack.7928

zipstacrack.7928

BIT OF INFO/SOLUTIONS BECAUSE ANET IS TOO LAZY TO WRITE EXACTLY THIS
For those of you who haven’t realized it yet. This issue is divided into two groups. There are A) the people who can’t even WALK around in the game, because as soon as they click play with their character, they get error 7.

And there are B ) those who can play and get constant disconnects.

For those with A). Try a pinglowering software (tunnelling) or a VPN (Spotflux, VPN Direct – to name two absolutely free, unlimited usage one, VPN Direct only free if you tunnel through American server 1 – but Spotflux is free for everything as far as I am aware – although it doesn’t work on my computer for some reason, but works on everybody else’s so lucky you.)

For B ) it’s worth giving a try anyway. Spotflux is like 9mb and set to go. Give it a try.
Wont be as fast as a direct connection (probably faster with software like wtfast, smoothping, lowerping, pingzapper etc.) But hey! You can still help.

People with problem A) can fix it by Port Fowarding as well, although if you are on a campus network like I am. The University will probably NOT open ports for you, and therefore you can use Spotflux – which will make everything unblocked and lovely.

(Can also access Netflix and what not no matter where you are with VPN American Tunnelling)

Hope this helped.

-Maximus the Almighty

Andy.2548

So i went and decided to try the VPN Direct and it did not fix the problem. When i log into a toon, a VPN error comes up (code: 10998 to be exact) which disconnects me from the server and soon after i get error 7 and now some other errors whom which i forgot the numbers already not like it would make such a big difference. Anyways..if anyone else have found their own solution please share it because anet is a silent kitten…

pajamieez.4532

Actually it wasn’t my dual monitor set up. I disconnected it because I was having problems shortly after installing it. After a system rebuild (which did nothing) and disconnecting the monitor (which did nothing) I swapped my wireless adapter (a pci wireless card) with a usb wireless adapter. For some reason, this was my solution. I know someone else did this also, which is where I got the idea. So it certainly has something to do with the network card, or some kind of configuration with the network. What it is or was, I’ll never know. I want to see if the issue still takes place if I put the pci wireless card back in, but I’m too lazy to open up my rig again. Good luck out there.

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

I want to say I’m having the same issue and have been for over a few weeks. Some times I can play for 30 min and other times it’s no more than 5 minutes. NEEDS FIXING!!!!!!! Error code 7 and disconnected to character screen as well. Just thought I’d post to show there are more with this issue!

Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: NvN.4321

NvN.4321

Edit : Disconnecting so frequently has stopped now. At least for me. Before it was dc every 2-3 min before it reconnected. Now rarely.

Krosis Hellfire

Posted by: Omacron.4690

Omacron.4690

I’m having this problem, along with massive input lag. This started happening… friday, give or take. Maybe as far back as wednesday.

Posted by: Topsilog.1824

Topsilog.1824

i did install the amd beta drivers and it worked much better than before but then still get lagged and dced within 15mins. But i did try it again, i logged in then after a few minutes im getting delays again and dced. so i update my driver to the most recent update but still nothing is new. still getting heavy delays and this code error. </3 X_X

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

I have been having this problem for weeks. I posted in this thread a few pages back. This is just becoming sad. The lack of a response from anyone even resembling support isn’t helping. We need to hear from the “powers that be”.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma