error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Birdman.2968

Birdman.2968

I am also getting this error. I was fine for several days after release, now I can’t play for more than 5 minutes without getting booted. I’ve gotten it twice today at the same exact point in an instanced quest.

Quest: Snaff would be proud, while walking back with the 2nd item dug from the ground.

Posted by: Haru.1453

Haru.1453

Here you go guys

Attachments:

Posted by: Visamon.4782

Visamon.4782

this problem started for me a few minutes ago. After 1 hour playing i went to ascalon catacombs with a group and i started getting kicked. Nothing changed on my side, no router reset, no antivirus update, nothing, i just started getting kicked every minute.

Attachments:

Posted by: namudin.5869

namudin.5869

Here’s the GW2 diag file and trace I did by hand to the same address using tracert using cmd.

For good measure there is a visualroute trace.

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

Yeh, I’m using an USB wifi to connect, but I don’t have a cable now… anyway, is this going to be the only game I need a cable to play to?

Posted by: Mathala.5678

Mathala.5678

Here is my -diag

Attachments:

Posted by: Citizen Mane.5804

Citizen Mane.5804

I was getting kicked with this error pretty frequently earlier. Managed to do Catacombs from 5-7 pm or so but have been getting kicked since then.

Attachments:

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

Yeh, I’m using an USB wifi to connect, but I don’t have a cable now… anyway, is this going to be the only game I need a cable to play to?

Hi,

Your router or cable modems should have an extra one? As for the game it might help solve the issue

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: shalldoom.8673

shalldoom.8673

Started getting this Error a few minutes ago and the game is absolutely unplayable…I get kicked every 1 min to the character screen…Been playing since headstart and never had this issue, I can play all my other MMO’s without any issue ….pls fix this…

Attachments:

Motorbreath.7835

Hi,

Your router or cable modems should have an extra one? As for the game it might help solve the issue

I’d need to have a cable all across my house…

And as I said, OK, if it’s the only way, but why everything works perfectly but not this game? If I use wifi is cause I don’t “want” to have my house with cables all around, not viable as a long time solution

Thanks anyway for your time.

Alpha Dragon.4576

Hi,

And as I said, OK, if it’s the only way, but why everything works perfectly but not this game? If I use wifi is cause I don’t “want” to have my house with cables all around, not viable as a long time solution

May I ask what router are you using? Also are you getting full wifi signal ? If having a cable is a hassle then check for wifi signal interference.

- Dare to be Different –

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Any idea what might be up? This is literally the only game I’ve ever had any problems with on my computer. Diag log attached. My internet is connected straight into my modem/router via ethernet cable. I’ve even tried to bridge it, but it wouldn’t help.

Attachments:

Posted by: Daihu.3649

Daihu.3649

Started having this error today.

Attachments:

Motorbreath.7835

Hi,

May I ask what router are you using? Also are you getting full wifi signal ? If having a cable is a hassle then check for wifi signal interference.

I usually get 4/5 or 5/5 “signal bars”, so it works fine. As I said, this is the only game that gives me problems, and reading other users posts (in this and other forums) I think that many of them use cable and got this problem too.

Anyway, I think it SHOULD work with wifi, why everything works and this not? I imagine this is a server’s problem, or any other thing that is not “in our hands”. It would be strange to be able to work fine with anything but this game :S

Thanks again, and sorry for my English ^^

Posted by: Shanus.1479

Shanus.1479

I have had this error for over a week. At least you guys are getting into the game ok even if for a little while. It is completely random whether I get in trying to connect.

Btw Anet, Ports 80 and 443?? Really?? I am going to hazard a guess that my router is blocking these ports AS THE ADMIN CONSOLE USES THEM!!! And there is no way that I will allow an outside connection to the same port as the admin console on the router OF MY INTERNET CONNECTION! That is just asking for your network to be hacked. Why do you need to use the standard http and https ports?? Just set up your services to use another port with http traffic over it. Web App Development 101 here guys…

Posted by: Daihu.3649

Daihu.3649

One more thing. It’s even more frequent now, I can’t even play 5min, I get error 7 and sometimes error 42. And when I get error 7 I also can’t surf in the internet for a brief moment (some seconds to a minute), but my internet connection icon doesn’t show that I’m disconnected.

Posted by: Sparky.5072

Sparky.5072

here my test lets see what happens

Attachments:

Posted by: Lynx.6175

Lynx.6175

Just got in for 1hr got kicked loading into a new zone and I am getting the error now. Time to try over and over again.

Sparky.5072

this seams to be a growing problem each day and with people that still have a wire hocked up to them

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

I can’t even run the diagnostic. I can’t change the target.

Sparky.5072

another thing i want to add is that every time i try to do the updates for the game it barley downloads and goes so freaken slow if i close it out a few times it downloads normal thats been going on about the last few updates

Alpha Dragon.4576

I’m currently out of option atm. Anyway I’m both using wired and wireless so far only booted once when the login server was down. Hopefully Anet pin points the network problem

Things might help :

- Check if your ports are being forward correctly or your router isn’t blocking them.
- Don’t run any other programs (Just to check and to lower cpu/gpu load Ex: Steam,IMs torrents,vents etc)
- You can try leatrix latency fix .

Things I’ve noticed during the week:

- Lag usually occurs in the 4pm-6pm onwards(GMT-8) other than that it’s smooth. Might be due to people logging in afterwork/school.
- If there’s a lot of “Macroers/Botters” in the Map I’ll experience lag and delays to my commands.

- Dare to be Different –

Posted by: Mir.2369

Mir.2369

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. PITA, but it seemed to work. Was unable to stay connected for more than a couple of minutes, sometimes only seconds, prior to doing that. This whole situation started this evening – no problems prior. I just wrapped up an hour+ session including much combat and group events without a problem. Hope it helps – ’cause the game was unplayable earlier tonight.

Posted by: Alpharius.7436

Alpharius.7436

Still getting this error. Cannot get in for more than a couple seconds before it disconnects me. Never happened prior to yesterday and I’d been playing since head start. Nothing on my end has changed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cobalt.2059

Cobalt.2059

No such luck for me, making the new port test shortcut didn’t work either. This is the third or fourth night now where this has happened, and I’m sure, as it has every time before, I’ll be fine in the morning. Man, I wish I could play though…

Posted by: Cao Ni Ma.3561

Cao Ni Ma.3561

The /clientport 80 parameter worked for me. I could play the game fine during the morning and afternoon but the moment the clock struck 5:30 the game would just disconnect every few minutes.

I suspected my ISP was throttling or doing something to mess up the game and this pretty much proved it.

Posted by: Littlemad.8573

Littlemad.8573

Same thing as Stalzy said, trying the port 80 shortcut, client downloaded a patch, connected for 30 second longer with spikes of lag, but at the end still disconnected as error 7.

Attachments:

Posted by: Littlemad.8573

Littlemad.8573

I just noticed that I have connection problem with:

Auth1.101.ArenaNetworks.com
64.25.38.171:6112 – connect failed
64.25.38.72:6112 – connect failed
64.25.38.51:6112 – connect failed
64.25.38.54:6112 – connect failed
64.25.38.172:6112 – connect failed

Section completed in 1.50 seconds

Auth2.101.ArenaNetworks.com
206.127.146.73:6112 – connect failed
206.127.159.108:6112 – connect failed
206.127.159.77:6112 – connect failed
206.127.159.107:6112 – connect failed
206.127.159.109:6112 – connect failed
206.127.146.74:6112 – connect failed

is it about the port 6112 that I need to open?
Because I have

Diag.ArenaNetworks.com
206.127.158.31:6112 – connect succeeded
206.127.158.31:80 – connect succeeded
64.25.39.21:80 – connect succeeded
64.25.39.21:6112 – connect succeeded

which has 6112, and it worked fine. Maybe is because the server where I was connected were in maintenance? (I received the warn that it will be maintenence while I was testing port 80)

I am so super confused

Posted by: Faldaith.8034

Faldaith.8034

Hereby my diag

- Use Zyxel 2061-C modem directly to pc
- /client80 doesn’t work
- Ports forwarded
- Disabling or uninstalling virusscanner or firewall doesn’t work

Attachments:

Posted by: Otonashi.8410

Otonashi.8410

I’m getting the error 7 a lot as well.
When I’m playing I suddenly can’t cast anything any more, but I still see what’s happening around me perfectly. then 10-15 seconds later I get the error. I can always immediately log back in though.

I have had no connection issues with any other games
I haven’t played with the /client80 yet, though I seems to be able to log in at least

I’ve run the diagnostics as well, so added those as attachment.

hope it can be figured out, because it’s a pain for dungeons, story quests and surviving.

edit: I should mention that when playing somewhere else, the errors did not occur.
So I do believe that it’s either my router or modem. It only remains odd that my other games don’t have issues.

Attachments:

(edited by Otonashi.8410)

Motorbreath.7835

Well, I have to add that I thought I was “the only one” (not the only, but you know…) with this problem, but I see that there’s a lot of people with the same issue. At least, it would be nice to know if Anet is really working on this, cause I’ve been suffering this since stress tests, and nothing has changed. And I don’t think this is in our hands, we are all saying that this is the only game that gives us problems, so it would be strange to be our fault.

They don’t answer to tickets about this, they don’t reply (at least to me) in Facebook/Twitter when I ask about this problem… in my opinion this is a shame. Some Anet’s feedback would be nice.

(Again, sorry for my English, I try my best u.u)

Posted by: Shanus.1479

Shanus.1479

Here is an interesting thing. I am able to connect the first time every evening, but as soon as I try to change zones, 7:.. error and dump, not able to get back on… so its obviously game related

Posted by: Bryan.3597

Bryan.3597

I haven’t gotten to play but 30 minutes until i got this. i can log in then i try to go in as my character and it gives me this error. are they fixing it???

Posted by: DrunkenPrayer.2169

DrunkenPrayer.2169

Tried the /clientport fix. Helped a little with lag but still getting booted frequently.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jag.5213

Jag.5213

Here is mine. Like Motorbreath, I’m connecting via USB 2.0 except through a tethered iphone which has wifi (I can’t connect directly). Also I know my laptop is not supported, but the game plays great and I have no issues when I’m on regular wifi, just tethered via USB.

Unfortunately, most of my available game play time is playing via USB connection.

Attachments:

Posted by: Raves.7964

Raves.7964

Use Zyxel NBG334W EE
- /client80 doesn’t work
- Ports forwarded
- Disabling or uninstalling virusscanner or firewall doesn’t work
- Enable UPnP

Attachments:

Posted by: Chaos.7089

Chaos.7089

I’ve been struggling with this issue since launch.
Constant disconnects at random intervals.
It’s game breaking to say the least.
I’m pretty sure we can narrow this down to not being an isolated instance.

For anyone that cares, here is my Network Diagnostic.

Also please allow a grace period in WvW for those of us suffering from this issue. Nothing is more infuriating than waiting hours in the queue to finally join and then immediately be knocked out by this error.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Motorbreath.7835

I’ve been struggling with this issue since launch.
Constant disconnects at random intervals.
It’s game breaking to say the least.
I’m pretty sure we can narrow this down to not being an isolated instance.

For anyone that cares, here is my Network Diagnostic.

Also please allow a grace period in WvW for those of us suffering from this issue. Nothing is more infuriating than waiting hours in the queue to finally join and then immediately be knocked out by this error.

Thanks.

This. If you can’t manage to solve this problem fast, we should at least be able to keep our progress in instances (man, this is the way in so many games, why not here?). You go pvp -> kicked -> bye bye progress + more queue. You go personal story quest -> kicked -> bye bye progress + repeat and eat all dialogues again. Is a ****ing pain trying to finish a story-quest and get disconnected when you are about to finish it. I’ve had to try many of them maybe for 10-15 times before I managed to finish them without getting kicked.

Anyway, please try to solve this error 7 as soon as posible. Some of us have been waiting for more than a week (+ beta weekends)

Posted by: HiItsBrandon.9620

HiItsBrandon.9620

I’ve been getting error 7 since the stress tests right after Anet optimized the game. Using a cable to connect to the internet too, but always disconnecting when moving between zones or instances.

Attachments:

Posted by: HiItsBrandon.9620

HiItsBrandon.9620

I’ve been getting error 7 since the stress tests right after Anet optimized the game. Using a cable to connect to the internet too, but always disconnecting when moving between zones or instances.

I also want to add that my friends who are on the same internet as me don’t have this problem.

Posted by: Jaypo.3790

Jaypo.3790

I am getting the same error. 7:11:3:189:101, somtimes it runs smoothly and others i cant even log on. Please help

Posted by: BlockBadger.4172

BlockBadger.4172

Using a internet dongle if that is any help.

Attachments:

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently looking into this. I know most of you have probably tried the following, but below are a few troubleshooting steps you can try if you have not done so yet:

1. Connect directly to your router.
2. Make sure your Anti-virus and Firewall is not blocking the client.
3. (I know most of you have already done this) Make sure the following ports are open: 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600
4. Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date. We have had a few reports of this resolving the error 7 issue for people who would disconnect while zoning.

Also, you may want to do a Winsock reset. To do this, follow the below steps:

Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.

Type “cmd” without the quotes, and click “OK”. This should open a command prompt window.

Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)

Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Close the command prompt and restart your PC.

Once back into Windows, try running the game again.

Thanks to everyone who has provided data as it has been extremely helpful.
If you haven’t done so yet, please post your NetworkDiag.log. The more information we can compile the better.

Posted by: Apolesse.8902

Apolesse.8902

Here’s My first diagnostic file. I’ll post a second in a few minutes. I did two and the results varied slightly.

Attachments:

Apolesse.8902

Here’s the second. I can also perform one on my wifi, but I get the same error 7 disconnect on either my ethernet or wifi.

Attachments:

Apolesse.8902

Here’s the test over my wifi. Hopefully it’ll help.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lynx.6175

Lynx.6175

My video drivers are up to date but GW2 tells me I need 304.79 Beta Nvidia drivers which are made for laptops. I run a GTX 570. Also this is my LSP before winsock reset and post.

Posted by: Raves.7964

Raves.7964

attached my lsp file

Attachments:

Posted by: Jag.5213

Jag.5213

Here is my lSP file.

Attachments:

Posted by: Skarpa.8203

Skarpa.8203

I’m getting these errors when switching zones etc.. disconnecting all the time. error 7:11:3:189:101.
Just switched from Yaks Bend (NA server) to Desolation (EU server) problem seems to have disappeared. Moved back, problem is back.