game crashes computer

game crashes computer

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mazcrom.5871

mazcrom.5871

Every so often (a couple times a day, midn you im playign all day) GW2 crashes my computer, it simply just shuts off. My computer exceeds graphic requirements and all my drivers are up to date, I’m not running anything in the background and my computer is cleaned very regularly so I don’t have any viruses/spyware. The game seems to always crash my computer when I’m playing the story mode in the charr mission (for lvl 55) where you go to the grove which takes you to orr etc…anyways I’m really wanting to do my story especially so I’d just like to know when I can do it ause ive tried 5 or 6 times with the same result. thanks

game crashes computer

Posted by: Wirldwide.8046

Wirldwide.8046

This may not be your problem, but it fixed my crash issues. Get CPUID Hardware Monitor and check to see that your CPU temperature is not way above 60C. If it is, you may have an overheating problem that occurs when lots of graphics are happening. I found out by using that program because I had a similar problem where high graphics would crash the game or computer. I removed the sides of my computer and it reduced my CPU temperature quite substantially below 60C and I never had another crash since then in over a month.

game crashes computer

mazcrom.5871

thanks ill give that a try, i also noticed in the patch notes a couple days ago that they were fixing this mission. Unfortunately since then its been crashing around the same area.

game crashes computer

mazcrom.5871

so i took the side off and lowered graphics to minimum to get past that mission and it worked, thanks for the tip!