game keeps disconnecting after lagging

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

my game keeps disconnecting and its only gw2 i have played some other online games normally so its not my internet also i did close my antivirus and still having the same issue , it worked good for a while after i played another game but then it started crashing again

“The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again”

Posted by: DubSVK.7301

DubSVK.7301

Hello,

i have a same problem. I log in, play for 20-30 minutes and then i get huge lag and disconnect from server. Problem started 2 days ago and from that i am constantly lagging and getting disconnects. My internet is OK and my PC too (100% sure). I did nothing special 2 days ago so i do not know what can be the problem. Game is almost unplayable. Appreciate every help!

Have a nice day.
Dub

EDIT:// I just want to add that i never had any problems before mordrem event.

Attachments:

(edited by DubSVK.7301)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Same here today, from Italy.

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

I have the same issue. Keeps disconnecting me since the Mordrem event started. Today twice in pvp map and then in norn starting city, 30 seconds apart from each occurrence. I’ve done a network check and speedtests, I’ve never had similar problems with GW2.

Is that a server problem or a problem with my provider? I’m from Italy.

Kidel.2057

Just got a huge lag spike (998 ms) on 206.127.159.215:0
I was perfectly fine on 206.127.159.201:0, usually on 80 ms average ping.

DubSVK.7301

I have the same issue. Keeps disconnecting me since the Mordrem event started. Today twice in pvp map and then in norn starting city, 30 seconds apart from each occurrence. I’ve done a network check and speedtests, I’ve never had similar problems with GW2.

Is that a server problem or a problem with my provider? I’m from Italy.

I am from Slovakia. I got good provider, my network speed is 100mbps UP / 100mbps DL, so i do not think that problem is there. I just realised that those problems started when mordrem event came up. Thanks for the reply tho.

Dub

Kidel.2057

That event was a disgrace upon us

DubSVK.7301

ANet must fix this problem very soon. It is very annoying when you are playing for example. WvW, you are fighting, listening to commander and suddenly you get disconnected. + It is not happening like 1 time per day but constantly every 20-30 minutes. Very annoying.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

It’s internet related, not the game servers.

I played for about 5 hours the other day with no drops – I even ran to the store a couple of times while my character just stood around.

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

well yeah its not internet related as i play other moba games just fine which we know depend son ping and also not a pc issue for the same reasons , but u guys say 20~30 mins between each dc , i get it 10 sec after my map loads

Posted by: Path.2469

Path.2469

I have the same issues, I didn’t lose out on latency , always stay around 300ping when playing gw2, there’s no real spike, I just lagged horribly and dced.

And like what DubSVK.7301 had said, the problems started only after the mordrem events.

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I’m experiencing huge lagspikes last 2 weeks anywhere in the game.

The spikes durations are sometimes 5-10seconds and after I’m finding myself downed.
Ping sometimes shoots up to 2000 – 4000ms for couple of seconds.

I know lag can happen sometimes but last 2 weeks has been torture for me as I even get dc’d from the server midst a PvP match and/or huge lagspikes next to it.

Last huge lagspike happened around 16:00CEST (7:00AM PDT) in a PvP match.

Account: Terrorsquad.2349
Region: EU

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Posted by: Amka.8069

Amka.8069

after the “10 DC per match (pvp) patch” i seem to have a recurring lag problem. every 10-30 seconds my ping jumps up to 2k ms for 1-5 seconds.
my firewall + interent settings are still the same.
it only occurs while playing Guild Wars 2 across all in game content: PvE, WvW, PvP and even in the character selection.
all my other games like BF4, Skyforge, CS:GO are not affected.

quetions:
-did the game connectivity settings change with the patch?
-is anyone else witnessing similar problems?
-if yes, how i can i fix it?
-are vpns a valid solution to these problems?
-do i blame anet or my isp?

some heads must roll,

Khan, out.