game not loading for any character

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Volatina.8412

Volatina.8412

was in GW2 last night, had no issues, logged out as normal. Went to play today, the launcher loads, I login, get my character selection screen but no matter which character I choose I just get the loading screen for wherever the character is, I can hear the audio in the background but all I get is the loading screen for about 5 minutes until it comes up saying I’ve been disconnected.

I’ve tried running the gw2.exe with the -repair option, didn’t find any issues.
I’ve tried every character, located in Queensdale, Divinitys Reach, Metrica Province, Rata Sum and all do the same thing just get the loading screen with the rotating circle in the bottom right corner.
I’ve tried deleting the local.dat file

So far nothing has let me get in far enough to play

Error code I get before game loads is: 7:11:3:191:101

(edited by Volatina.8412)

Posted by: Zachaos.2651

Zachaos.2651

got the same problem too just la loading screen with some sounds and then it says cannot connnect

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

Was fine last night, logged in today and instant problems.

Same for me loaded initially but when changing to another area all of my characters are stuck on a pepetual loading screen

error 7:11:3:191:101

used -repair no change to issue

Checked connection…. fine to everything else I play. It doesnt seem to be hanging as such as completed waypoints and vistas are loaded…but it seems my connection speed is being restricted at the server end. My characters are in world but my connection is so low it cannot draw the world.

(edited by Cutterslaine.2689)

Posted by: Shifty.7104

Shifty.7104

Same issue, can login to character selection screen but you hangs on loading screen after selecting any character.

Was fine at 4am (gmt) this morning (insomnia) now 1pm (gmt) and cannot access beyond the character slection screen.

Test my connection and everything it fine on my end.

Posted by: Volatina.8412

Volatina.8412

Pretty much the same for me, I was online until the early hours, logged off, went to log in this morning and nothing

I kept trying, and I did get the world to load a few minutes ago, but there were just NPC’s around me, I couldn’t interact with any of them and no skills triggered on key press, I ran around Queensdale and apart from the area I loaded at, the entire place was empty, no players, no mobs, no NPC’s :p

Cutterslaine.2689

Just logged on my engineer in cursed shore had absolutely no problems connecting to world and using waypoints and switching areas to a low populated zone.

Logged to character selection…. attempted to log into Warrior and same low connection and no zone log to Kessex.

still a problem for me on Desolation server

I wouldnt think kessex was a high traffic area…it seems my characters are having connect issues with certain zones and then are stuck there.

Returned to engineer and fine. Then attempted to log into a high traffic area like Lions Arch and boom stuck again.

Logged into Mage and fine, tried travelling to kessex using portal …. stuck using portal.

Shifty.7104

Considering I have had an emergency plumber come out and take up the floor boards in 2 of my bedrooms/identify a leak and repair it, then I refitted both carpets and returned all the furnitire the rooms! would it be to much to get a Anet response to this connection issue?

As my plumber had no clue to my connection issue, but at least stopped my house flooding.

Edit: 4 characters in LA can now login normally 2 characters 1 in Southsun 1 in Rata Sum cannot login.
Also tried testing moving 1 of the toons in LA to Southsun same issue just hangs on the load screen.

(edited by Shifty.7104)

Cutterslaine.2689

Just to clarify that this isn’t an issue on the client end, I have just logged onto character selection using another computer.

When trying to enter world on one of my “stuck” characters the problem persists and cannot load into world.

Cutterslaine.2689

Edit: 4 characters in LA can now login normally 2 characters 1 in Southsun 1 in Rata Sum cannot login.
Also tried testing moving 1 of the toons in LA to Southsun same issue just hangs on the load screen.

My characters that are in Lions Arch can now log in the ones in Wayfarer still cannot.

Shifty what server are you playing on?

Shifty.7104

Server: Gunnars Hold

Shifty.7104

Just logged into my toon that was stuck in gendarran and the ones in southsun , seems the issue has resolved.

I did manage to get one toon to Mt maeltrom and run coe before trying the others.