game performance. (fps)

game performance. (fps)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

hello i havent played GW2 since the end of the summer and i wonder did anet optimize the game atleast a little bit when i played it it was horrible i mean wvw the scarlet minions, the dragon etc. i didnt have lag but i had HUGE and i mean HUGE fps drops to the point of the game freezing and playing in screenshot mode. if they did can you give an exsamle like before and after ?

thanks in advance
-regards, Wbfytw

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: MakkeOnMies.4718

MakkeOnMies.4718

No the game have not been optimized….my i7-4770k@4.4ghz/r9 290(BIOS mod/OC) gets on knees and can barely maintain around 15fps in wvw..

i7-4770k@4.4hz(1.19v)/Gigabyte z87x-D3H
r9 290 OC+bios mod(accelero xtreme III)
Phanteks PH-TC14PE/Samsung 830 series ssd

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

No the game have not been optimized….my i7-4770k@4.4ghz/r9 290(BIOS mod/OC) gets on knees and can barely maintain around 15fps in wvw..

You should take another look at your system then because I have an i7 4770k @4.3 and a R9 270x and I get over 30fps in a full on 3 way zerg in WvW with everything maxed except for the culling options set to medium.

@OP – The game us CPU bound so if you don’t have a high speed chip the game just chugs along with crappy frame rates. However try lowering the culling options, and reducing some other visual effects to see if there is an improvement for your system.

game performance. (fps)

wbfytw.4265

lol and I was thinking anet listened to their gaming community. am so naive well i that case I wont start playing again ill switch so some other MMO.

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: Exiled Dbl.9035

Exiled Dbl.9035

The game is unoptimized and people are gunna point fingers at your system no matter what cause they’re fanboys and don’t wanna admit to the fact that this game has “yet” to be optimized sadly…

This is why i play more Battlefield 4 on my pc cause even though gw2 may run pretty good for me its obvious its unoptimized so ill just go play a better/funner game.

Point is the games engine is coded poorly, it doesnt take advantage of multi thread/core cpu’s atleast not properly. it doesnt take advantage of modern Direct X… it’s just plain and simple sad it could have been alot better. But as far as i know it wont change and A-net doesn’t seem to care so… that’s okay ill move on to another game not a big deal to me lol.

3570k oc 4.5Ghz on Water, 16 Gigs of RAM 1866, 2 SSD’s in RAID 0, 2x Gigabyte GTX 760 OC SLI

(edited by Exiled Dbl.9035)

game performance. (fps)

wbfytw.4265

maybe some day… untill then we wait and enjoy other stuff

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Point is the games engine is coded poorly, it doesnt take advantage of multi thread/core cpu’s atleast not properly. it doesnt take advantage of modern Direct X… it’s just plain and simple sad it could have been alot better. But as far as i know it wont change and A-net doesn’t seem to care so… that’s okay ill move on to another game not a big deal to me lol.

I wonder if you like ranting at Anet all day long because Anet probably does care about performance and MMORPG is actually one of the hardest gaming genres to make.

If you actually notice, the game graphics is designed to run on low end machines and scale up to expensive graphic cards. Of course, there are problems such as their terrible anti aliasing which they should change it. (it is just blurry)

If you remember, they tried to make the situation better such as default player models, culling updates, and patches to both client and server. Remember, they are updating a live game which means patches are tested for months because of potential game bugs.

Point is the games engine is coded poorly, it doesnt take advantage of multi thread/core cpu’s atleast not properly.

since you can decide if an engine is coded badly, can you create a tracking algorithm that scales to nlog n ?

If you can, it will be very helpful because google, advertising industries, game companies, NSA will thank you for saving million of dollars on hardware.

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Don’t listen to the trolls on this forum the game is quit playable I get good fps on my i5 with GTX650 video card I get 30 to 80fps with most setting high, yes with any game there is always room for improvement but the game performance is ok. If you are getting low fps on a mid to high end system then you may want to check you hardware the might be issues. There are people in my guild that play on older systems and get less than 30fps, still play this game and enjoy it you can complain and say the is not optimized well maybe it’s not or you can tweak your system and the In game settings till it works for you and have fun it your choice.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Don’t listen to the trolls on this forum the game is quit playable I get good fps on my i5 with GTX650 video card I get 30 to 80fps with most setting high, yes with any game there is always room for improvement but the game performance is ok. If you are getting low fps on a mid to high end system then you may want to check you hardware the might be issues. There are people in my guild that play on older systems and get less than 30fps, still play this game and enjoy it you can complain and say the is not optimized well maybe it’s not or you can tweak your system and the In game settings till it works for you and have fun it your choice.

I dont get why people are high jacking threads on tech support forum and QQ. It very distracting for the OP who might actually have system configuration problem that makes the game unplayable.

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: Exiled Dbl.9035

Exiled Dbl.9035

Haha here comes the cry babys so much mad. gawd.

3570k oc 4.5Ghz on Water, 16 Gigs of RAM 1866, 2 SSD’s in RAID 0, 2x Gigabyte GTX 760 OC SLI

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

yes the game is not optimized under stress situations. Anyone who says otherwise, is just ignorant.

the OP never listed his system specs/OS version. So even if we wanted to ‘help’ him to get better performance, with out some info its impossible.

it is possible to get 175FPS in dungeons and in the open world, but in WvW, Boss Trains, Champ Trains…anywhere there are more then 8-12 players you will take a serious performance hit on any system. I go from no players on the screen at 175-210 FPS down to 80FPS with just 12 players on the screen. When combat starts that drops down to 45FPS~.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Agreed. However the game is handling other players around you, it has serious scaling problems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

game performance. (fps)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Agreed. However the game is handling other players around you, it has serious scaling problems.

such major scaling issues!

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD