gaming lap top for gw2

gaming lap top for gw2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: tixo.1405

tixo.1405

Hey guys, my current lap top is geting to much heat with gw2 and i was planing to change it. Right now i have acer v3 series with i7 processor and 8 gigs of ram and nvidia gf gtx760m. Fans are pretty decent and big but even with that the laptop gets pretty hot sometimes (within the norms)

May i ask for a suggeation on a gaming lap top within the range of 1300-1600 usd with good performance, big 17 inch monitor and the best cooling system posible tat can support gw2 on max graphics and still not burn my hands off:))?

Thanks

Life is too important to be taken seriously!

(edited by tixo.1405)

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

I’m going to have to recommend the Asus G-series. My wife’s G75 with just a 660m plays the game on medium-high at 30fps. The newer ones with 700m and 800m series GPUs I imagine play the game even better. Since they also have quad-core i7’s with HT, they even handle character heavy situations like WvW pretty well.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Is your current laptop new or a bit older? Do you regularly make sure that there’s no dust build up?

gaming lap top for gw2

tixo.1405

I’m going to have to recommend the Asus G-series. My wife’s G75 with just a 660m plays the game on medium-high at 30fps. The newer ones with 700m and 800m series GPUs I imagine play the game even better. Since they also have quad-core i7’s with HT, they even handle character heavy situations like WvW pretty well.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/

nice pick, i like the lap top, never used Asus always used acer but i really like the newer version its about 1.8/2k USD but its abour right, might give it a try :))

gaming lap top for gw2

tixo.1405

Is your current laptop new or a bit older? Do you regularly make sure that there’s no dust build up?

its pretty new, less than 6 months old but it has never been cleaned as i did not thought its time to do so yet

gaming lap top for gw2

Avelos.6798

If you use it regularly, you should at least check it each month and clean it when necessary.

gaming lap top for gw2

tixo.1405

If you use it regularly, you should at least check it each month and clean it when necessary.

will do and might work, but i still want something better, and the asus g the newer series from the above suggestion looks pretty good with great air flow

gaming lap top for gw2

Avelos.6798

I’d look at anything Asus G750 and MSI GE/GT series laptops. the GE60s and GE70s are sporting Maxwell based Nvidia GPU. GT60 Dominator is sporting GTX 870M which is really fast. Asus ROG laptops use proprietary in-house custom designed mobile graphics card solutions so the only thing you can change about them is the RAM and storage drives and maybe the disk drive.

With the MSI GT laptops if you get one with say a good mobile i7 processor like an i7 4800MQ or 4900MQ, you have that sucker for three years and you still think it’s got good life in it, well let’s just say that the graphics cards are changeable. It’s not as easy as a desktop but the card itself is removable. Just you’ll have to reapply the thermal hardware. An MSI GT60 running a GTX 770M for example can switch out for a GTX 680M, 780M, 880M. It just has to be compatible with the MSI 16F4 chassis which is what the GT60 MSI gaming laptop is. Kinda pricey but food for thought in the long run.

I have a G75VX Asus however and it’s fantastic. I’m waiting for my MSI GT60 with 770M to come back soon enough.

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

OP, i would change the thermal paste before you decide to buy a new laptop. Acer is one company that should learn how to apply TIM better.

please note: i am not making this kitten up. there are numerous complaints of this problem. Sadly, this problem spans multiple companies…..

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Hey guys, my current lap top is geting to much heat with gw2 and i was planing to change it. Right now i have acer v3 series with i7 processor and 8 gigs of ram and nvidia gf gtx760m. Fans are pretty decent and big but even with that the laptop gets pretty hot sometimes (within the norms)

May i ask for a suggeation on a gaming lap top within the range of 1300-1600 usd with good performance, big 17 inch monitor and the best cooling system posible tat can support gw2 on max graphics and still not burn my hands off:))?

Thanks

Ok, your current laptop is decent so you do NOT need a new one spec wise.

You say its hot, but give no idea as to what temps are running. Please download CoreTemp and GPU-Z and use them to report on your current temps.

There are a lot of things that can be done to make your laptop run cooler, but we need to start with an idea of what your temps are idle, and while GW2 is running.

Also, it should be noted, every laptop is going to run hot due to how everything is packed into a tiny foot print. There are ways to cool them down, but only to a certain level with out reducing performance. So your current heating issues are more then likely to carry over to any other laptop with in the same spec range. So thats why we should try and see if we can make your current laptop more suitable for temps before you even consider buying a newer one.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

gaming lap top for gw2

Avelos.6798

Coretemp gives very inaccurate temperature readings in my experience so you’d likely be better off taking the CoreTemp reading and subtracting 8 or so degrees from the result.

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Coretemp gives very inaccurate temperature readings in my experience so you’d likely be better off taking the CoreTemp reading and subtracting 8 or so degrees from the result.

i dont find that to be true. Coretemp is dead on with HWinfo’s Sensors. Which matches my MB’s tools (MSI Command center).

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

gaming lap top for gw2

Avelos.6798

Back when I used it about a year ago it was pretty far off compared to my motherboard tools and one other piece of software which I forget the name of. Cheese.

gaming lap top for gw2

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

There are no gaming laptop.

I use Lenovo v580, playing on minimal setting – there are not graphics lag – except of new zone (Cavern-of-shining-lights): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/New-zones-Cavern-of-shining-lights-fps-drops/first#post4215616.