i cant buy gems in game,it's error

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: lee.9740

lee.9740

Q:

i tried before to buy gems with my credit card,but it’s error,my card can worked in other games,but it’s died in here, plz to help me be grateful.

Attachments:

lee.9740

i cant buy any things in game,omg,i need help ………….my card havent problem,the problem from this game,can you help me?Mr GM

lee.9740

i got change a password,but i keep getting a same problem

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey Lee,

There are a couple of things you can try that have helped a few other players who were experiencing this same issue.

First, I would like to ensure you do not have any outdated Root Certificates on your machine. To update these you can follow the steps below:

Close out of Guild Wars 2 if you have it running and go to your Documents folder. In the Guild Wars 2 folder you should have a file called Local.dat, delete this file.

2. Download the program from the link below:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

3. Run the program. You will probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear.

If you run the program and nothing happens that’s ok, it is as it should be.

4. Open the Game Client and try to access the trading post.

If updating your Root Certificates does not help, you may also want to clear out your temporary cache for Guild Wars 2.

1. In Windows, press the “Start” button and locate the “Search programs and files” bar at the bottom of the start menu.

2. Type in (%temp%) exactly as shown. (With the precent signs)

3. Press “Enter” and a new window should appear with the location of “C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp”

4. Locate the folder labeled "gw2cache-{RANDOM NUMBERS} and delete it.

lee.9740

ty your reply,and i did as you said.it’s not effect,can you inspection my account,if it’s normal i’ll install the new client. i waiting for your reply.ty

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Hey Lee,

At this point, I would recommend putting a ticket into support so they can gather some additional information from you to dig into this issue further. You can contact support at support@guildwars2.com.