Posted by: arain.5973

arain.5973

hi, my specs are
i7-3820
gtx 590
16gb ram
sabertooth x79 motherboard

when i set up auto detect graphic it end up highest quality
but in WvW framerate is kinda ugly. i know that this game is more reliable on CPU
so should i change CPU for better framerate in WVW or should i tweak some ingame f11 graphic options to get better framerate.
i want some smooth run in WVW. its not like perfectly smooth, but at least skills dont have delay and freezing and stuff.. srsly so bad. my server is blackgate .

im gonna reinstall windows7 to see whats gonna happen ..

so basically question is.. on my spec it still lag kinda bad in WvW. while play with zergs

weather buy new CPU or tweak some graphic options ? if you have similar specs

1plz help me

i want to improve framerate in WVW

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

What is your current resolution size you use in wvw and what is your i7 3820 cpu frequency set at ?
Also, are you current on all updates and drivers for your system and hardware i.e. GTX 590?

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

For graphics settings, disabling reflections and/or turning WvW character quality to low/lowest.

For general options, disabling show enemy/npc/player names.

Try playing with those settings first and decide which gives acceptable FPS in 60v60v60 situations.

If skills have delay then its server fault, you can’t do anything about it even if your connection is good.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

big sale now at Tigerdirect – save $87,500.00 on their GTX 670 card !! ^.^

Attachments:

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

unpark ur sleeping cpus, i got similar specs like urs and it boosts my fps significantly!(kitten u microsoft for tat sneaky underhanded parking cpu)

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

You spend all that money on your rig and you’re using autodetect on graphic settings? Learn to adjust it. You can keep everything at max, turn off reflections, shadows, and all the checkboxes at the bottom. For WvW setting, start at medium/medium and tweak it to however you like. I find it more important to see everyone rather than what they are wearing so I go highest/low. This lets me see everyone and their actual armor around me.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)

Posted by: arain.5973

arain.5973

thx for all suggestion i try all and see whats happen .. dont really want to sacrificing graphic for quality, rather upgrade specs to get better fps well anyway im gonna see whats happen im 1080p 27inch 1ms monitor

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

The intel i7 3820 although not a k version it can OC like a champ.
You can ether max out the multiplier at 100 base clock for a low level OC. Or you can set the Base clock to somthing like 125 and set multipier to 36 to get 4.5ghz. Ofcourse you wll have to tweek other settings like voltage and LLC.
Anyway point is, your on the LGA 2011 chipset, the only reason to get the 3930k which is the next best cpu, would be to get the extra cores. Otherwise for GW2, just OC your current CPU. It will OC well if u spend the time on it.

Also as others have said, adjust ur ingame settings, the main ones for WvW are the culling settings. Set them to highest on the characterl imit and low on the texture limit. Also turn reflections to terrian and sky ..or completly of, they are borked and just use up performance even when there are no reflections to render. The rest of the graphics options u set to what ever ur GPU can handle.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |