Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

Hello,

I am using iMac 27" model, 2011 year.
Specs are:

Mac model (iMac, 27", 2011)
Processor (Intel i5-2400 @ 3.10 Ghz)
Memory (8 gb)
Graphics (Ati Radeon 6970M with 1GB Videoram)
Software (WIndows 7 bootcamp)

Since this is fairly new computer, I would like to know is it just a little bit more possible to get better perfomance? With auto-detect , it sets few options to none or off, while other options are on medium. There are screenshots down so you can check. Standing at one place in Orr, nothing happening – 20 fps. In event like lost shores one – you can also see, 5 to 7 fps there.

All new drivers installed, ati 12.10 (12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4) , with driver cleaner and such. NO programs running in the background at all- not even music player or mozzila explorer.

Is anyone who have the same iMac having this issue? Since, I saw a couple of guys on youtube, having much better performance with this game on the very same machine, even with 4 gigs of sistem ram.

I now saw Arena Nets guide for setting up the videocards, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FPS-and-Performance-based-issues-1 , and I did exactly the same thing.

Is there any way to get little bit more perfomance on this machine?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments:

iMac 27", 2011 model Windows 7 bootcamp

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I get 40-50FPS+ on an i7/12GB RAM/6970M (overclocked). Settings are similar except with:

- Textures: High
- Depth of Field: Off
- FXAA: On
- Shadows: Low

It’s likely the shadows & DoF giving you some hassle.

[TKG] Mollify

ddak.3150

I will try it, but it is weird that 2011 computer cannot handle the game properly. I thought that this game will be playable on medium/high settings , not low/medium.

As far as I noticed, shaders are giving the biggest impact on fps (besides supersamling). But if I turn them off completly, then I might as well could turn everything off and play without any effects…

Thanks for the info, I will test your settings combination

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Try a lower resolution, like 1920×1080. The native resolution of a 27inch Mac is a bit too much for this combination of game & hardware.

ddak.3150

Trust me I’ve tried. Because of the big screen, pixelisation is huge. I would gladly stay at his resolution, with everything on low/off/medium then on 1920×1080 on high.
But even with low/off/and medium it’s not working properly

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

Turn off Reflections, it has the biggest impact on fps after the resolution, at least on my system. (retina 15" MBP)

Posted by: Ceribis.8104

Ceribis.8104

I’d go ask this in the normal Tech Support forums since you’re using the Windows client. This is forum is for the OS X Guild Wars 2 client.

Keeghan – Sylvari Mesmer – Jade Quarry

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I will try it, but it is weird that 2011 computer cannot handle the game properly. I thought that this game will be playable on medium/high settings , not low/medium.

As far as I noticed, shaders are giving the biggest impact on fps (besides supersamling). But if I turn them off completly, then I might as well could turn everything off and play without any effects…

Thanks for the info, I will test your settings combination

Note that “2011” computers can have hugely varying specifications. iMacs typically sacrifice video card performance for the display & form factor.

PS: The upcoming iMacs look to change this, with a 680MX offered in the top-end model.

[TKG] Mollify