interface size too small for 4k

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

Seriously, using 4k this game looks beautiful, but it’s nearly impossible to read anything due to the small text, please increase the size.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

For the very small percentage of players running 4K. I wouldn’t expect this but who knows? Could be something someone could knock out at lunch or after normal hours because it annoys them as well.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Seriously, using 4k this game looks beautiful, but it’s nearly impossible to read anything due to the small text, please increase the size.

Darcwolf, I’m curious. What are your system specs. I’m running gtx 980’s sli /4790k.

What fps are you getting on average ? I’m considering getting a 4K monitor

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf, I’m curious. What are your system specs. I’m running gtx 980’s sli /4790k.

It really depends where I am, hanging out in LA I get in the 40s, out running around I’m hitting 50-60, this is also with vsync on, so I’m capped at 60. This is also at max settings, but I am only using a gtx970, with 2 x gtx980s you should have no problem at all. I am also running a 3930k at 4.5GHz though, and this game is very cpu heavy. But you should really have no problem.

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

It really depends where I am, hanging out in LA I get in the 40s, out running around I’m hitting 50-60, this is also with vsync on, so I’m capped at 60. This is also at max settings, but I am only using a gtx970, with 2 x gtx980s you should have no problem at all. I am also running a 3930k at 4.5GHz though, and this game is very cpu heavy. But you should really have no problem.

Cheers for the feedback, that’s great news What monitor do you have ? I was thinking of getting this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1088&products_id=32413&zenid=947ce3c5f55db54a5f4f00738f5eced8

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

(edited by infinityandbeyond.9652)

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Been using 4k for a year with r9 290CFX werent too good of an experience for GW2 tho. Sudden fps drops made stuttery and all so i went with a gsync 2k display and im having a better gaming experience overall.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

For the very small percentage of players running 4K. I wouldn’t expect this but who knows? Could be something someone could knock out at lunch or after normal hours because it annoys them as well.

Well its clear the tech behind GW2 isnt anywhere near future proof. Other games auto scale UI but GW2 only has specific sizes, which is bad.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

They do need more UI options in general. Id like to be able to customize my HUD like you could in Gw1! Now that was a pretty robust system.

Even with lager,much over 1440p is very hard to read.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS