is my account is safe?

is my account is safe?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: rotem payne.2567

rotem payne.2567

my friend got guild war 2 as a gift for me .but he got it with his visa card .i got all the codes , access key and origin player name ****.****.1234 and all these stuff ……… but olny the card visa he got my account with ,can he take my account to his hands back , just wondring ,theanks !

is my account is safe?

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

He could ask for a refund if he bought the game in the store here.

But besides that your account is save.

is my account is safe?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This is my understanding of the situation. If he didn’t keep the records of serial number, doesn’t know account name or character names then he can’t contact support and get the account. If he plays the game and knows your account name and character’s names, has the card number used to purchase the account then even if he doesn’t know the serial number he can get the account through contacting support. He can also, for a certain amount of time until refunds are no longer allowed, deactivate the account by getting a refund.

This is assuming he bought the account through ANet. If he bought it elsewhere then probably only if he gets a refund.

I suggest you stay on his good side.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

is my account is safe?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

He gifted you the account in the correct way. This means you are 100% owner off the account.

The only reason something could happen is if he requests a refund (and so cancels his gift to you). That would mean the account was considered never to be sold and would be closed.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

is my account is safe?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

He gifted you the account in the correct way. This means you are 100% owner off the account.

The only reason something could happen is if he requests a refund (and so cancels his gift to you). That would mean the account was considered never to be sold and would be closed.

Note that if he asks for ANY refund then he will likely loose access to ALL accounts that were purchased with that card (not just the one he requests a refund for). Online retailers usually want to cut ALL ties with those requesting refunds or reversing charges.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

is my account is safe?

rotem payne.2567

so ,in the end ,he got 51% of my account . becuse he is the one who purchase the game for me . i only got my serial number ,but he got the number of the card that he purchase the game with…… ,but you said , “until refunds are no longer allowed” ,it think it pass about ~1 year ,so my account is 100% my .becuse he cant refund it , but if he ask to chenge my e-mail to his email ,and chenge the origin serial number ,so my account is lost ,or he cant do that?- if refunds are no longer allowed

is my account is safe?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

He can only ask for a refund. He can not claim control over the account. If the account is indeed more then 1 year old and you used the account activly during that year he can’t ask for a refund, so there is nothing he can do to regain controll over your account.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

is my account is safe?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If he bought from Anet he can request refund within 6months. After that you are save.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

is my account is safe?

rotem payne.2567

ok ,theanks guys! i was really worry about it :P .but now i know my account is 100% safe and my you are awesome theanks you!

is my account is safe?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I am glad these nice people set your mind at rest.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet