massive lag make world events unplayable

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

For events such as the shatterer massive lag (not usually present) makes them pointless.

You cant do anything, and you dont get contribution or a reward, also none of the fight mechanics seam to matter as you dont take dmg….

On a related note, there is no point ressing in a battle unless it looks like a wipe as you lose contribution and wont get a good reward. You shoudl do what Rift did a ditch the contribution system and just reward participation without scaling it.

Posted by: Esoteric Rogue.7651

Esoteric Rogue.7651

I disagree, resurrecting should contribute to rewards; I assumed it did, but there’s no way for end users to know.

Cameirus.8407

I disagree, resurrecting should contribute to rewards; I assumed it did, but there’s no way for end users to know.

no that was my point, it should count, but it does not so there is no incentive to do so. it actually counts against your contribution….

do the same event like kill the centaur chieften. one time just dps the next ress a few people, your contribution will drop massively.

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

Don’t res people for reward. Res people because it’s the nice thing to do, and it’s called being a team player.

It would be nice to have a reward, but that shouldn’t be your reason for doing it.

Cameirus.8407

Don’t res people for reward. Res people because it’s the nice thing to do, and it’s called being a team player.

It would be nice to have a reward, but that shouldn’t be your reason for doing it.

Which I do, I’m jsut annoyed that I get less contribution for being a nice person, whilst the selfish person next to me gets more.

Posted by: Prevention.1734

Prevention.1734

The details of this topic are far too unclear to find a potential cause and will likely receive no attention from mods and/or technical support personnel. Are you talking about a drop in FPS, or are you experiencing network latency (some users will notice this as a delay in skill usage, ‘bouncing’ characters, etc)?

If you are in fact experiencing increased network latency, I recommend running a tracert to determine where the latency is coming from. On Windows OS, follow these steps:

1. Click the ‘Start’ button on the bottom-left corner of your screen
2. Navigate to ‘All Programs’, then ‘Accessories’
3. Open up the ‘Command Prompt’
4. Run the following command: ‘tracert www.guildwars2.com’

This will give you a list of the nodes (points of connections such as your gateway, WAN, ISP, etc) that your connection goes through. Usually, you will experience anywhere between 8 and 15 returned nodes (called hops). To determine if the latency you’re experiencing is in fact server-side, you should be able to see a clear separation between geo-physical locations such as one hop representing your city (it should be in the address name) followed shortly thereafter by a different city.

If the largest returned response times are between the first hop and your city’s hop, the lag is likely due to your ISP or gateway (router/model); vice-versa, if the largest response times are outer-city hops then it is much more likely to be server-side.

If network latency is not the issue, and you’re talking more about a drop in system performance, this is a natural occurrence and ArenaNet can do very little to offer support. In those cases, reducing visual display settings is an easy solution (more specifically: Particle effects, Bloom effects, and Anti-Aliasing). Depending on your system and monitor, enabling Verticle Sync may also provide some improvements.

Cameirus.8407

The details of this topic are far too unclear to find a potential cause and will likely receive no attention from mods and/or technical support personnel. Are you talking about a drop in FPS, or are you experiencing network latency (some users will notice this as a delay in skill usage, ‘bouncing’ characters, etc)?

If you are in fact experiencing increased network latency, I recommend running a tracert to determine where the latency is coming from. On Windows OS, follow these steps:

1. Click the ‘Start’ button on the bottom-left corner of your screen
2. Navigate to ‘All Programs’, then ‘Accessories’
3. Open up the ‘Command Prompt’
4. Run the following command: ‘tracert www.guildwars2.com’

This will give you a list of the nodes (points of connections such as your gateway, WAN, ISP, etc) that your connection goes through. Usually, you will experience anywhere between 8 and 15 returned nodes (called hops). To determine if the latency you’re experiencing is in fact server-side, you should be able to see a clear separation between geo-physical locations such as one hop representing your city (it should be in the address name) followed shortly thereafter by a different city.

If the largest returned response times are between the first hop and your city’s hop, the lag is likely due to your ISP or gateway (router/model); vice-versa, if the largest response times are outer-city hops then it is much more likely to be server-side.

If network latency is not the issue, and you’re talking more about a drop in system performance, this is a natural occurrence and ArenaNet can do very little to offer support. In those cases, reducing visual display settings is an easy solution (more specifically: Particle effects, Bloom effects, and Anti-Aliasing). Depending on your system and monitor, enabling Verticle Sync may also provide some improvements.

no, its only during events, its only when big dragons come down. FPS remains high (70+) and movement and chat and so on are instanct. What is not is abilities and this happens for alot of people only on events, what this means is that its the server having issues processing all the information. Its Anets side, its exactly what happened in Rift and they solved somehow, Anet need to do this asap, as its wrecking the large epic events that are a big draw to this game.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I’m usually at 84 fps with a SamSung i7-3635QM processor gaming laptop and was told by a computer tech who builds pc’s that I was way over the system requirements for this game.So with that said,I’ve noticed that during certain events I lag big time.I noticed the lag during an event that went down in a swamp ( The Godslost Swamp to be exact ).After the event finished no one got anything.This same thing happened during the Shatterer event ( The one with the dragon if I pronounced the event wrong )

Now I figured if it was on my end,such as the video card and cpu speed,things would constantly lag.

For me,I never lag and things run real smooth until one of these events where large numbers of players gather.Could this be a server problem ?

Posted by: ETR.8152

ETR.8152

I drop to 5 fps. But never get skill lag. Lol lucky me.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I had a gaming pc made not too long after this thread and come to find out the lag was a result of my gosh darn video card lol.

I went back and did every event that I lagged on and didn’t catch the lag lol.

Too funny.