no support authenticator broke...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Skizerk.9318

Skizerk.9318

my old phone overheated so i got another one so when i tried to play guild wars 2 on another IP i couldnt because i need the authentictor i’m a soldier and move around alot so i’m never on the same network i cannot remove it now cause i need the old phone…the only place i can access my account is at home i wrote two support tickets and this is what they send me…

After researching the provided information, we will not be able to assist you with accessing this account.

absolutely no help just a sorry cant help you get out….any one else have solution to this or can shed some light.at this point is i move my network i will loose gw2.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You will need to respond to the email you received and provide more information to prove that it is, indeed, your own account. When proving my ownership, I had to send in the information 4 times before regaining access to my account. Don’t give up so easily. =)

Good luck.

Skizerk.9318

well unfortunately i responded and got nothing back i feel like they don’t care enough. and since they have no phone support i cant really tell at all

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

well unfortunately i responded and got nothing back i feel like they don’t care enough. and since they have no phone support i cant really tell at all

Phone support has nothing to do with anything. Submit the information they need to prove you are the owner of the account. You can reply to the email and say you are the owner and what other information can you supply to prove it. Also, when you set up the authenticator, it did state “Write this information in a safe place incase you need to reset your authenticator.” When you didn’t follow that, you did ask for yourself to have some trouble.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Skizerk.9318

im saying phone support would achieve alot more, but besides that. Ill say agian i responded to the emails and still got nothing back…the information for reset doesn’t matter cause i need the app itself to reset it with two codes on my account so Ellieanna i appreciate whatever help you were trying to offer.

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Submit a ticket through the support site, filling out all the details, including the serial number of your copy of the game. Ask them to remove the authenticator from your account. You can re-enable it yourself later.

The key here is that you need to provide them with sufficient information to prove that you are the owner of the account. I’ve done this twice now without any issues.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just to reiterate my “support” for Anet Support.

• Issue occurred last night but I did not notice it.
  • I noticed the problem this morning while playing a bit before work.
  • Issued a ticket (via this website) about 8:30 AM.
  • Received the auto-response almost immediately.
  • Got an agent response less than 15 minutes later that the issue would need to be looked into further (my issue was rather strange and I’m not sure I believed it myself).
  • Got another reply about 15 minutes later.
  • Issues was fully resolved in less than an hour.

I’m not sure exactly HOW I could ever expect better Support than that (THANK YOU GM Draghna!)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)